Photo

404 Error trying to make changes in EcoPro

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#21 todd

todd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:39 AM

Didn't notice these errors in the theme window. Here is more: Notice: Undefined index: selectvalues in /home/tlamothe/public_html/toddlamothe/wp-content/themes/EcoPro/core/admin/option_templates.php on line 38 Notice: Undefined index: version in /home/tlamothe/public_html/toddlamothe/wp-content/themes/EcoPro/core/admin/option_templates.php on line 39 Notice: Undefined index: imagepreview in /home/tlamothe/public_html/toddlamothe/wp-content/themes/EcoPro/core/admin/option_templates.php on line 39 Notice: Undefined variable: serialize_subvalues in /home/tlamothe/public_html/toddlamothe/wp-content/themes/EcoPro/core/admin/option_templates.php on line 39 Notice: Undefined index: optionicon in /home/tlamothe/public_html/toddlamothe/wp-content/themes/EcoPro/core/admin/option_templates.php on line 39

#22 clint

clint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:04 AM

They look like the same warnings as yours. I changed the file back to false.

#23 clint

clint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:04 AM

I also disabled every plugin so that's not the issue. won't let me modify anything inside the feature setup.

#24 todd

todd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

I have this installed in a brand new wordpress installation with no plugins, same issue. Maybe it is something at hostgator.

#25 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

We are looking into this problem further.

#26 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

can you guys tell me if you have "magic_quotes_gpc" enabled in your php.ini file? (ask your host if you don't know) This should be disabled; but if it isn't I've patched or accounted for it in the upcoming versions.

#27 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:09 PM

Other information that is really useful is the information given by the `phpinfo()` function. I believe you can find this in your cpanel (if you're on HostGator) Since I believe this is related to a server variable being set.

#28 todd

todd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:44 PM

Here are some screenshots. Magic_quotes_gpc is disabled.
A picture is worth a thousand words:
The first 3 are php.ini quickconfig
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Here is the PHP configuration
Posted Image

#29 clint

clint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:29 PM

I'll get a pic of mine as well, but it will be a couple hours before I can

#30 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:30 PM

Ok, Todd... can you email me some information so we can take a closer look at your server environment? I still can't see the problem, will have to do some testing w/ the code.

#31 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:38 PM

Also, do you guys have the permalinks options set in the wp admin?

#32 todd

todd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:42 PM

Permalinks are set on one server (my main blog), on the test one they are not set.

#33 clint

clint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:45 PM

don't understand what you mean by permalinks options arpowers, I have changed my permalinks setting to be more SEO friendly, as I do with all my blogs...is this what you mean?

#34 clint

clint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:47 PM

Posted Image

#35 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:00 PM

are you guys using mod_security anywhere on your server? (in an `.htaccess` file??)

Also, I will keep trying to figure this out; but have you guys contacted Hostgator to see if they can help figure out where these 404 pages are coming from?

#36 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:37 AM

after much testing on Todd's server; I've isolated what is causing the issue. For some reason, the server isn't allowing full urls (example: `http://www.someurl.com/` ) to be saved. My guess is it is a security setting somewhere. For example, remove all URLs in your options and it should save fine. Will you guys check with your host to see why this may be happening?

#37 todd

todd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:28 AM

I can do that. What change did you make to get it going. I noticed it is fixed now and I can save and what not. Also, doing a search, there was a suggestion to use a cpanel program: php.ini quickconfig -> Turn off register globals. I'll get in touch with hostgator and see if they can help as well.

#38 yizhan

yizhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:25 AM

any progress about this issue? co'z i've got the same problem just this morning, i'm using iblogpro 4 theme and hostgator as well, i tried to change my theme to heatmap theme and got the same problem, it also got a 404 error when i tried to save theme option.

#39 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:52 AM

HOORAY!~ After working on this issue all day, I finally figured out exactly what's going on. Hostgator has added some security measures to fight the growing number of WP exploits out there... To fix: simply hit up Hostgator via chat support so they can whitelist the URL on your server.. (technically, this is all related to some mod_security setting on shared HG servers)

#40 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:56 AM

What change did you make to get it going. I noticed it is fixed now and I can save and what not.

I removed all the urls from the options...

again to fix, contact hostgator