Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

404 Error trying to make changes in EcoPro

Question

Posted · Report post

I am having a really weird issue. I installed it yesterday, I made some edits to the features in EcoPro last night. Now when I go into the module to make changes, anytime I try to save when in the theme options or when I try to add a feature box I get a 404 error. I tried uninstalling and re-installing but that didn't help. I have screen shots of my steps if needed.

44 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Other information that is really useful is the information given by the `phpinfo()` function. I believe you can find this in your cpanel (if you're on HostGator) Since I believe this is related to a server variable being set.

Posted · Report post

Here are some screenshots. Magic_quotes_gpc is disabled. A picture is worth a thousand words: The first 3 are php.ini quickconfig phpconfig1.JPGphpconfig2.JPGphpconfig3.JPG Here is the PHP configuration E4puD.jpg

Posted · Report post

I'll get a pic of mine as well, but it will be a couple hours before I can

Posted · Report post

Ok, Todd... can you email me some information so we can take a closer look at your server environment? I still can't see the problem, will have to do some testing w/ the code.

Posted · Report post

Also, do you guys have the permalinks options set in the wp admin?

Posted · Report post

Permalinks are set on one server (my main blog), on the test one they are not set.

Posted · Report post

don't understand what you mean by permalinks options arpowers, I have changed my permalinks setting to be more SEO friendly, as I do with all my blogs...is this what you mean?

Posted · Report post

cPanel-X_1273520123875.jpg

Posted · Report post

are you guys using mod_security anywhere on your server? (in an `.htaccess` file??) Also, I will keep trying to figure this out; but have you guys contacted Hostgator to see if they can help figure out where these 404 pages are coming from?

Posted · Report post

after much testing on Todd's server; I've isolated what is causing the issue. For some reason, the server isn't allowing full urls (example: `http://www.someurl.com/` ) to be saved. My guess is it is a security setting somewhere. For example, remove all URLs in your options and it should save fine. Will you guys check with your host to see why this may be happening?

Posted · Report post

I can do that. What change did you make to get it going. I noticed it is fixed now and I can save and what not. Also, doing a search, there was a suggestion to use a cpanel program: php.ini quickconfig -> Turn off register globals. I'll get in touch with hostgator and see if they can help as well.

Posted · Report post

any progress about this issue? co'z i've got the same problem just this morning, i'm using iblogpro 4 theme and hostgator as well, i tried to change my theme to heatmap theme and got the same problem, it also got a 404 error when i tried to save theme option.

Posted · Report post

HOORAY!~ After working on this issue all day, I finally figured out exactly what's going on. Hostgator has added some security measures to fight the growing number of WP exploits out there... To fix: simply hit up Hostgator via chat support so they can whitelist the URL on your server.. (technically, this is all related to some mod_security setting on shared HG servers)

Posted · Report post

What change did you make to get it going. I noticed it is fixed now and I can save and what not.
I removed all the urls from the options... again to fix, contact hostgator

Posted · Report post

mine is fix now, i'd contacted hostgator and they have fix it, they said that an update to the theme violated some security rule.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Andrew. I will get in contact with Hostgator. I was reading last night about Mod_security and the issues.

Posted · Report post

I will contact hostgator as well

Posted · Report post

Fixed. Clint use the Chat support. They can fix it in a minute or two.

Posted · Report post

Thanks guys, worked like a charm!