Hiding items on category page and single post page

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 aethernavale

aethernavale

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:43 PM

Hey all, I would like to remove the "Currently viewing the category..." message from the category pages and remove the title from single posts. For single post pages I have setup breadcrumbs at the top of the post and that would serve perfectly fine as the title - indeed, having the title below the breadcrumb looks tacky to me. I was able to find options to hide all the other information but not these items. The first item seems to be the same 'section' as post navigation on single content templates, but there is no category template page. And the Blog and Posts menu allows you to hide everything except the title (which with breadcrumbs is also not necessary). Additionally/off topic, while I liked the Post Navigation feature/section I didn't like how it cycled through every single post on the site. Is there a way to limit what it would cycle through to a specific category while viewing said category's single posts?

#2 mstmarie1

mstmarie1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Framework Version:PageLines Developer

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

Post the location of your site. This might be accomplished through some simple CSS.

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:15 PM

Hi, may we have a link to your site?

#4 aethernavale

aethernavale

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:22 PM

Unfortunately not. The site is local only right now, due to me rebuilding it from scratch off the old theme. Even if it was online, my site is for hosting a story with mature/adult content so registration only. Most everything with the theme is still at initial install stage, I haven't gotten too deep into all the features yet spent a majority of the day poking around docs and editing theme pictures. If absolutely necessary I suppose I could upload a relatively blank slate version of it, so that it could be public view. My questions aren't really related to content presentation so much as setup.

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15269 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:27 PM

Hi,

1. To remove the "Currently viewing the category" message add this to your Custom CSS:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

2. To hide the posts title on the single posts page, add this to your Custom CSS.

3. To make the Postnav display posts from within the same category, check out this link.

#6 aethernavale

aethernavale

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:38 PM

Ah, that worked splendidly, thanks.