8 replies to this topic

#1 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

I just found out about Pinterest and I would love to learn how to add it to the sharebar in PlatformPro. I can't even find the code for the sharebar in any of the pages so I don't even know where to start.

I found this code on the Pinterest site. I'm assuming I'll need to add

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

to the URL within the sharebar and the script in the header or footer? Here is the code from Pinterest:

Thanks!

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:37 PM

Jenny, this, as they say in Washington, is over my paygrade, BUT, I did find the section file you need. Via FTP, go to wp-content/themes/platformpro/sections/wp/section.sharebar.php. You should be able to download it, edit and upload back to platformbase, but don't quote me on that. :)

#3 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:19 AM

For future reference for those wanting to do this, here is what I did (with the help of @pross):

1. Copy this file: wp-content/themes/platformpro/sections/wp/section.sharebar.php
Paste the file here: wp-content/themes/platformbase/sections/
Rename the file you pasted in platformbase to section.sharebar2.php

2. Open section.sharebar2.php in an editor, ease all of the content, and paste the following content in it's place:

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:24 AM

Continued...

3. With PlatformBase activated, go to Appearance -> Editor. Click functions.php. Find the line that says:

Hit enter to create a new line after the above-mentioned line and paste this in the new line:

4. Visit PlatformPro -> Template Setup -> Single Post Content Area (dropdown) and activate Content Sharing Tool2 by dragging it to the left. Deactivate the original Content Sharing Tool by dragging it to the right. (Note: Perform these same options for "Page Content Area" if you want Pinterest on page sharebars too.)

***EDIT 2/1/12**** Thanks to @treed for reminding me that I forgot something. I had to reference this post today when adding this sharebar to a 1.5.3 site and couldn't figure out what I forgot. Step 3 (above) is new.

#5 treed

treed

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

In order to get the new section to appear in Template Setup, I had to update functions.php in platformbase.

After updating and saving section.sharebar2.php, I did the following:
* Edit wp/wp-content/themes/platformbase/functions.php
* Find "function base_sections() {"
* Inside that function, add this line:
pagelines_register_section('PageLinesShareBar2', 'sharebar2', null, array('child' => true) );
* Save and close

The new section then was available in PlatformPro>Template Setup>Single Post Content Area and Page Content Area.

Thanks!

#6 treed

treed

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:00 AM

After trying to post one of my articles to Pinterest, the page that comes up offers to pin the article but doesn't find the images associated with it. If I use the standard 'Pin It' javascript from the site, everything works fine. I'll have to spend some time looking at the Javascript in the code that you provided to see if I can find the issue, unless I'm doing something wrong or you've already figured out the solution.

#7 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

I have written an add-on for this that's in the PageLines Store. It's for PageLines Framework only. :)

#8 michaelmendelssohn

michaelmendelssohn

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

I just bought your add on and am clueless what to do next...I thought it would upload like a plug in...Help please?

#9 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:58 AM

Installation and usage instructions here:

:)