Controlling Headers with CSS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bizassure

bizassure

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:07 PM

I would like to have 2 different headers within my site. One header for the site's pages & another for the blog/posts. I know how to do this for a single page with CSS, but haven't been able to figure out how to do this for an entire section of a site. The site is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

, and the blog is

I have uploaded a header that is transparent on the left, so I can control this area using CSS (at least that's the idea). Any help is greatly appreciated! :bz

#2 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:49 PM

Here's one thing you could do.

On the pages where you want a different header image find the identifying class in the body tag and add it to the list:

This code will hide the main logo image on the homepage, archive pages, and category pages, and then it will set the main logo link to appear with the background of your choice, which will be your alternative logo image.

#3 bizassure

bizassure

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:20 PM

Is there a way around listing all the pages? This site will be growing, and I would like to get around always adding to the list in the CSS.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:09 PM

Biz, given what you're saying and Kastelic's reply, my best suggestion would be to create a new folder (directory) and install an additional copy of WP and PlatformPro, adding the heading you want in that section. You can seamlessly navigate back and forth via links and the menus. I do this with my site.

#5 bizassure

bizassure

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:14 PM

Thanks so much for the help. I actually went with kastelic's suggestion once I discovered that I would not have to keep adding to the list when I create a page :)