#1 toddfulks

toddfulks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Framework Version:Platform Pro

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:20 PM

Please add a COLOR SCHEME PRESET chooser! Trying to get the colors right is terribly difficult, especially when it comes to making a simple shift from a LIGHT to DARK design since the text colors and boxes must change as well as the nav menu colors (which has some problems by the way - nav menu stayed white for some reason??). When I purchased this product I thought this would be where Pagelines Platform Pro wins where most themes fail but NO. I like the design layout color chooser options but do not like spending hours attempting to find just the right color schemes that match the look and feel my client desires. Please provide PRESETS so we can experiment and go from light to 'dark' to 'blues' to 'reds' to 'chrome' to 'retro' with one click on a COLOR PRESET and move on to building the site and not wasting time trying to decide what 'Tertiary' really means. And while you are at it provide a location on this forum for your other members to share their color settings that can we can automatically download and add to the Preset color choices stacks. Include the ability to choose preset custom theme backgrounds, nav menu and button schemes and then your product will truly rock! :-c

#2 durgadas

durgadas

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:09 PM

I TOTALLY agree with this one. Make it a modular thing, where people can post their favorite color sets and share them on your site.

#3 glee

glee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:41 PM

Good source of color schemes - kuler.adobe.com. Thesis WP theme also has a good color selector to mod themes but they don't recommend color schemes.

#4 toddfulks

toddfulks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Framework Version:Platform Pro

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:42 PM

Kuler can get you to a palette of colors but has nothing to do with what color the secondary text or Primary Elements Highlight should be as well as various shades for the many other elements that Pagelines lets you alter in the DESIGN CONTROL area. A simple preset would let you get close to the colors you want without hours and hours of guessing. Presets is a feature in many new WP themes (check out themeforest.net) presets should be in this theme if Pagelines wants to be the best. Also BIG BIG warning, if you are attempting to find the right color settings and make mistakes and choose to RESET it will reset EVERYTHING (as in ALL your other settings for templates and boxes and so on). Even though there is a "Note" next to the button that tries to say it won't. It reads ---"Use this button to restore settings to their defaults. (Note: Restore template and layout information on their individual pages.)" theme FAIL...sorry Pagelines. Hope you guys can get it right in the next version of Platform Pro.

#5 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:26 PM

How does it say it wont exactly?