Unique Featured Slider for Specific Categories

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 diablo943

diablo943

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:56 PM

I am looking for a way of associating a unique Featured Slider on a Post Category basis. As far as I can tell, the are currently set up to be associated with Pages not Categories. Is it possible to associate them with Categories? For example, I would like to have a Feature Slider Set for my Classes Category and a different one on the Exhibits Category. Thanks in advance! Dave

#2 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:08 PM

Not sure how to do this. It might be easier to create a page so that you can select your feature slider , and using a hook, put a now wp_query() at the top which will make only posts from that category appear.

For example:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 diablo943

diablo943

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:23 AM

Yeah. That makes sense and something I was considering as a fallback solution. So since I actually want to be able to apply a unique Featured Slider to 5 categories, make five Pages each customized for its specific Featured Slider and displaying only content from the relevant Category. Effectively duplicating the Category functionality, but adding the ability to apply a Featured Slider through the established Featured Set selection functionality. Since WordPress already has the ability to customize Category Templates, I was hoping to come at the problem from the opposite direction. Thanks kastelic. I will see if I can cludge together a solution based on your suggestion. Thanks, Dave