Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

JS error with theme

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi there! I have installed the Events Manager Pro plugin to my site after some due diligence in research on your site and saw that it should function properly. However, after speaking with Events Manager Support, they are saying there is a JS error with the theme "Hi, you??™ve got some problems with your theme from the looks of it. I see two JS errors, one by your theme and another possibly by a js loaded by your theme for some reason (which you uploaded)." I am in desperate need of help on this and what I need to do as I am not a developer. My PayPal link will not work for booking an event or the pay offline link. I know this is not your plug-in but it is your theme I'm using that seems to be causing the errors. Any help on this will be appreciated tremendously.

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Have you already tried deactivating other plugins you have?

Posted · Report post

Hi Catrina, I have now deactivated all plugins and still the same problem.

Posted · Report post

Can you post a link to the site?

Posted · Report post

http://susanconstantine.com/create180/

Posted · Report post

Did Events Manager Support give you any other info on the JS errors?

Posted · Report post

Yes, they just added to their comment that it has to do with the cufon fonts: "it??™s related to cufon scripts, meaning it??™s something to do with fancy fonts you may be using in your theme." I did upload a custom cufon font and followed the instructions as best as I could but apparently missed a step?? I'll try removing the cufon font and see.

Posted · Report post

oh man, I just deleted the cufon fonts JS files that I uploaded and the CSS code I added in that custom css sections and still no change.

Posted · Report post

Hm, I'm not certain how to approach this if plugins have already been deactivated. I'm probably missing something else. Perhaps someone else has better insight...?

Posted · Report post

I think I got it to work now. I forgot to remove the "use cufon" in the Platform Pro settings. I wish I know how to do the cufon font properly- it really made a difference. Thank you!

Posted · Report post

Glad you got this working!