Photo

Anyone have experience with PageLines (WhiteHousePro) and the Events Manager Plug-in?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:59 PM

My "bookings" in Events Manager don't save properly. When I specify a ticket price, submit the booking, and then refresh the page, the ticket price hasn't been saved and is reset to $0.00. This then prevents the actual booking functionality from working properly on the event page. Here is an example... http://called2commun...lifier-package/ Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx. Ian

#2 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:29 PM

A quick update. I managed to get the ticket price to be saved. Apparently, entering a dollar sign is verboten. Nevertheless, the functionality of the booking doesn't work as the ticket Name, Type, Price, & Spaces do not populate in the actual event (see the link in the post, above, for an example). One thing that is curious... I don't recall ever being asked to specify the ticket "type". Perhaps it is a system-generated "type", but perhaps, also, this is connected to the problem? Thx. Ian

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:17 PM

Ian did you check to see if that script actually applies a currency indicator for numeric values in selected, custom fields?

#4 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

rangelone, No. I'm sorry, but I'm not a PHP guy. I could look into the file (I assume it's events-manager.php, but I'm not even positive of that), but I don't know where to look. I could also, paste the file here in this forum. It's not clear to me, though (since the ticket price is now being saved), that the application of a currency indicator is relevant any longer. Am I missing something?

#5 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:55 AM

I saw someone else mention that Events Manager doesn't work when Cufon fonts are activated. Try visiting WhiteHousePro -> Text Options and uncheck the box for "Use Cufon font replacement?" to see if that helps.

#6 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:39 PM

Thanks Mama :) The box is already unchecked :( I presume that is the default setting. But I got to thinking (very dangerous). You said it may not work "when Cufon fonts are activated". So would that mean that the box needs to be checked, right? After all, it says 'replacement'? So I checked the box, using the recommended Goudy font as the substitute. Unfortunately, no improvement. Still, thanks for taking the time. If there are any more ideas out there, I'd love to hear them. I really need this to work! Thx. Ian

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:35 PM

Ian, I didn't mean you should be looking for code, but options in the plugin's settings. While I understand your thoughts of this being an event sale, I think the fact it's an event is irrelevant to the sale part. Essentially, you have the wrong type of plugin. I'd recommend JigoShop, which others have recommended in these forums. I should also note that WP-Ecommerce plugin has demonstrated many conflicts with themes of all types. Jigoshop should be able to help you specify dates, times, titles for your events as something to sell. Even if it can't, it must be able to provide a unique identification for each product sold, which you can manually associate with an event. JigoShop has a capacity to work directly with Paypal.

#8 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:08 PM

Thanks rangelone for the detail. I will look into JigoShop. I really don't have "product" per se, to sell, but rather admission to the event, which I thought Events Manager could handle (and their Pro version accommodates the transfer of funds through PayPal). Nonetheless, I will investigate JigoShop. Thanks! Ian

#9 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:13 PM

I get the impression that JigoShop is only designed to sell product (as one would expect from an eCommerce solution). If it can handle event management, I'm not seeing it. Am I misunderstanding the functionality of this plugin?

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:18 PM

Ian, if Events Manager supports eCommerce, shouldn't they answer where the options are to set the currency? Any half way decent ecommerce function should include a currency selection (or how do you price things) and a currency indicator (or your price is the same in every currency). Sorry if I sound complicated here, but imagine buying a pair of socks in the US for 10 Dollars. If they're 10 Pounds in Britain and 10 Euros in Paris, you have a pair of socks at three different prices. Reasonably, 10 dollars should convert to the different currencies, so the ecommerce solution should allow you to select the base currency your price is based on, and the $ sign to let people know what currency is that price. Hopefully that makes sense. I'd suggest you ask the developers of Events Manager. I concur, selling tickets should be event related, but essentially, a good ecommerce solution should be able to sell anything from goods to services.

#11 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:21 PM

Well, I installed JigoShop. I received the message that it was successfully installed, but when I attempt to go anywhere in my dashboard I get the following error: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /data/26/1/105/67/1594230/user/1717744/htdocs/Called2Communicate/wp-admin/includes/file.php on line 151. Any recommendations?

#12 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:25 PM

rangelone, yes, Events Manager allowed me to specify the currency. It defaulted to pounds sterling, but I reset it immediately to USD (prior to the difficulties, above). Once I get the JigoShop installation problem fixed (any ideas?), I'll try to create some 'products' that are event-related, and see how it works. Thanks again. Ian

#13 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:37 PM

One curious thing... when I attempt to get a list of installed plugins /, I get a different error: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4864 bytes) in /data/26/1/105/67/1594230/user/1717744/htdocs/Called2Communicate/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/sharedaddy/sharing-sources.php on line 780 When I attempt to get a listing of all posts, I get: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4864 bytes) in /data/26/1/105/67/1594230/user/1717744/htdocs/Called2Communicate/wp-admin/includes/comment.php on line 19 When I attempt to load the PageLines theme options, I get: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /data/26/1/105/67/1594230/user/1717744/htdocs/Called2Communicate/wp-admin/includes/file.php on line 274. This is the same file as above, but a different line in the code.

#14 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:38 PM

Apologies. They must have made some change that conflicts. Cart Press or Ecwid are alternatives. Deactivate Jigoshop. I'm sorry I am sending you all over. Please forgive me. I usually don't do this. Have you written to the authors of Events Manager?

#15 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:45 PM

I looked on some forums, and I tried to increase the WP_MEMORY_LIMIT to 64MB in wp-settings.php. No luck.' :(

#16 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:48 PM

Don't feel badly... you're making an effort to help, and I appreciate it. I haven't written to Events Manager because they say pretty clearly that "the Pro version entitles you to talk to them, otherwise bugger off and look on public forums". I can't deactivate JigoShop because I can't get to my dashboard without resolving this memory problem above.

#17 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:09 PM

Yippie Kai Yea! (How does Bruce Willis spell that, anyway?) :) I fixed my memory problem (modified the php.ini file). Now I'll explore more about JigoShop and see what I can do. Thanks again! Ian