• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lisaren

lisaren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:23 PM

Pulling my hair out on this one - and will admit to not being fully up to speed on CSS - rusty after emerging from having twins :-) I can't get the footer color to change:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Where is that blue color set?? I tried this for the CSS and no luck: .effect { background-color: #8E958B; } as it looks like that is a class applied to the footer. Help! Thanks :-)

#2 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:52 PM

The background there is created using an image so to remove the background image and allow your color to show through:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 lisaren

lisaren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:08 PM

Just getting back to this. That didn't work :-( This is the only other custom CSS I have: #spotlight .shadow-bottom { background-attachment: scroll; background-color: #8E958B; background-repeat: repeat-x; background-position: left bottom; } .effect { background-color: #8E958B; } #footer .effect {background:none}

#4 lisaren

lisaren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

ok - got it to work, but not in Safari! Here is the custom css I have now: #footer { background: #8E958B !important; } #footer .effect { background: #8E958B !important; } #spotlight .shadow-bottom { background: #8E958B !important; }

#5 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:12 PM

Looks the same in Safari to me. CAn you post a screenshot or explain what is missing from safari?

#6 lisaren

lisaren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:19 PM

I am all set now. Thank you very much for your help!