• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zvelena

zvelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:52 PM

Dear all, lease help me align the text inside my tables to the left. What do I have to add, and where ? Adding in custom css tbody{ text-align:left; } doesnt change anything. I tried to display these informations through banners and through boxes section added into the page template but then I have them on all pages, and they show up in a single long column that ruins my pages. I only want them to show on one page. I want in fact a table that aligns properly ! In a word, its complicated. please help.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

You'll laugh, but when you see your table in visual editing mode, simply place your cursor in the cell you want flushed left, click or highlight, then go to the full kitchen sink WYSIWIG control area (above the edit box) and use the Left Alignment option there. It will write the CSS directly into the table cell. Why there and not in CSS Rules? Because you may have different cells that need different alignment. The CSS you have shown above, would only align the body of the table itself, not the cells within the table.

#3 zvelena

zvelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:52 PM

I'm not laughing, 'm rofling. this is how you can sometimes spend half a day being a noob :)

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:04 PM

Took me 2 days... and I still consider myself a newbie.