• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 klinskyc

klinskyc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:10 AM

Im trying to create a fixed width site with an image as the background. Pagelines keeps on forcing me to have a seperate background for my content instead of the image that I'm trying to use. Also how do I make the actual page fixed width not just the the content area. Thanks URL is lrcowell . com

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:06 AM

I don't think you've set up the background correctly. It seems to be tiling. A background that large should not be tiling at all. In your Dashboard > PlatformPro > Design Control, make sure the Set Background Image Repeat is set to "Do Not Repeat". The Vertical alignment should be set to 0 (it will default later to Select) and the Horizontal should be set to 50 (for centered). Adjust accordingly if your content is offset from center towards the left). Zero (0) in this section is flush left and 100 is flush right. 50 sets it right in the middle.

Your problem isn't deleting the backgrounds, just the tiling.

#3 klinskyc

klinskyc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:29 AM

Thanks so much but now my footer isn't aligned, where would I do this

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:23 AM

Your background image, I'm sorry to say, has a bad stepping indentation near the bottom, but all the way down the left side of the grasscloth edge from about 1/3 the way down. The footer is separate from the body. We could style the footer to include the background, but I find the background image you're using isn't wide enough. Please look at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

to see how a background can be added to cover considerable territory on your page.

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:25 AM

The background must consider many people have wide-screen monitors and thus should always be pretty wide.