Photo
Resolved

Multiple Carousels?

Best Answer Danny , 24 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

Hi, This is not possible with Platform Pro unfortunately. However, you can do this with PageLines Framework. All you need to do is clone the Carousel section. If you haven't tested PageLInes Framework, you can do so by clicking the link below and creating a demo site. http://demo.pagelines.com/ Go to the full post

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 mg55

mg55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:32 PM

I was hoping someone would know if it's possible to place multiple carousels on the same page. My goal is to create a portfolio page that uses up to 5 carousels. Each carousel would need to pull from a different category. I assume this would involve PHP coding, which is fine. My hope is that this can be accomplished using hooks in the base child theme. Any thoughts? I'm not quite sure where to start on this one.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:39 PM

I've never seen anyone do multiple carousels, but it could theoretically be done using multiple look-alike carousel plugins. I could be wrong, but don't think the current carousel can be repeated successfully. Of course, I will continue to look into it.

#3 smile9381

smile9381

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:44 AM

Any update on this? I need to put at least 3 carousels on a page. I'd like to use Pagelines native functionality (this is really the reason I bought the theme, and its rather frustrating that it can't be done!).

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17931 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:29 AM

Hi Smile, This isn't something you can do "Out of the Box" and would require the use of custom code, I would recommend you contact the Pagelines Pros. They will be happy to assist. http://www.pagelines.com/pros/

#5 caitdean

caitdean

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

Almost a year has gone by on this question, so I thought I would see if there are any new solutions. I would like 5 carousels on a page, each linked to a different category that I already have set up. Somehow two show up (on one page), but on other pages, only one shows up. As far as I can tell, the page that shows two of them, is set up exactly like the pages that only show one... http://ceptestsite.c...lumni-profiles/

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17931 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:57 AM   Best Answer

Hi, This is not possible with Platform Pro unfortunately. However, you can do this with PageLines Framework. All you need to do is clone the Carousel section. If you haven't tested PageLInes Framework, you can do so by clicking the link below and creating a demo site. http://demo.pagelines.com/

#7 caitdean

caitdean

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

Danny, I am using the PageLines Framework. I have been able to clone the Carousel so there are Five on a page. I have set each up to show a different category, but then they don't show up....

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

Have you already tried deactivating your active plugins?

#9 italo

italo

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Framework Version:Professional Edition

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

Similar problem here. I use Framevork Pro. Cloned carousel 4 times. Only three of them - in any combination of them - appear at the same time, UNLESS all of them point to same category.
Any idea?

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

Italo, please open a topic of your own, since you're using a totally different product from these folks. Thanks.

#11 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

The topic was marked as resolved.

#12 pkonieczny

pkonieczny

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

Hello, 

I have similar problem to those above. I want to have 5 carousels, each showing photos from different post category. Right now only one is showing up, unless all pull from the same category. Could you please help? 

Thanks, 

Monika

#13 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17931 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

Hi Monika,

It is simply not possible to achieve multiple Carousels using Platform Pro. However, this is achievable using PageLines Framework, therefore I recommend you upgrade to PageLines Framework.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved