Photo
- - - - -

How do I change the text color on a page?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chisim11

chisim11

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Florida
  • Framework Version:2.22

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:06 AM

I added a page and was ready to add text. I want the text to appear white throughout the site. Please refer to amazingworldproperties.com >South Florida> Feature Properties > Windmill Estates So I selected white for text but of course was unable to see what I type. I Went to Platform Settings > Design control > Page text color and change the "Page - Text Header Color" and "Page - Primary Text Color" to white #ffffff. Also, the "Body background Color" and "Page Background Color" under Basic Layout Colors are black. Unfortunately, the background where I try to add text is still white, thus still can't see what I type. Appreciate your help.

#2 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:47 PM

Hi Chism11, Currently I only see gray text on that page. And, there's no white background. Were you able to get this sorted out, then?

#3 chisim11

chisim11

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

No. the Text shows gray/silver because I chose something darker than white so I would be able to see what I type when I'm editing the page. I went ahead and retyped the same in white so you can see the difference. refer to

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

And yes, the page you are looking at reflects black background because it it the global black background. What I'm referring to is whenever I edit this page on the text editor/word, I can change the color text to white or any other color as well as underline, make bold, italic, etc. but the problem i run into is that if I change the text color to white, I cannot see what I type. Maybe there is a code, plugin, etc that will allow to type text in black but will reflect in white.

#4 chisim11

chisim11

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:52 PM

By the way, how do you copy portion of the screen and paste it on here so it would be easier to show you guys what we are talking about.?

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:09 PM

You post code here by using square brackets [ and ] Between each bracket, you need to place the word "code" to open the code section, then you put /code in brackets after. You can do the same thing with the word quote to quote a piece of a page.

In your page or post editor, one of the WYSIWIG editor buttons is "The Kitchen Sink" (looks like a keyboard). It's available ONLY in the Visual editor mode (not HTML).

That opens a number of options. Simply highlight text you wish to color and use the button that looks like a bold capital "A". That's the color selector. Set it to white or any other color. It writes a style tag around the selected text telling WP to make the color of that text the one you selected, overriding the default of anything set in PlatformPro's Design or Typography sections.

Right now, you have

This property is located in Weston. This property is located in WestoThis property is located in weston.n.

on that page above the image. Part of that is in silver, part in white, and part in black.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:10 PM

To clear the formatting, use the little "eraser" icon that will remove formatting from a selected range of text.

#7 chisim11

chisim11

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:47 AM

Rangelone, I know how to change the text to white color via "A" button on the editor. No different than doing it with Word. But in word, for instance, I can change the background on the page to black so I can see when I type. In order for me to make any changes on the text, I have to highlight the text and change color back to black so I can see when I type. Now, I'm not sure whether your first response addressed this question or the question regarding taking shots of the screen and pasting it as I could not follow. "You post code here by using square brackets [ and ] Between each bracket, you need to place the word "code" to open the code section, then you put /code in brackets after. You can do the same thing with the word quote to quote a piece of a page". Thanks.

#8 chisim11

chisim11

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:52 AM

Another question. After entering info on this page

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I realized I can click on any of the pictures on the page and it will take me back to the home page. Is this supposed to be this way?

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13067 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:00 PM

It depends on what link is giving to the images when you add them to the post/page. But normally, it should go to the image. The problem is that when you hover over your images, the link is (lets use the first image at top of the page as an example) pointing to this: http://www.amazingworldproperties.com/south-florida-2/featured-properties/windmill-estates/new-image/ Instead of this: http://www.amazingworldproperties.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/laterial-back2.jpg You can resolve this by going into the editor for that page/post and either remove all the links from all images or change the links for them images. If you look here, this should help you. http://en.support.wordpress.com/links/image-links/

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:06 PM

To more easily edit text that you have set to white in your editor, simply switch to the HTML tab, where you'll see the text as black on white, with all the styling code, so you will know which text is which color.