Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

sidebar border "length"

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello, One question, Is it possible to modify the horizontal length of the borders that exist between text widgets in the sidebar, without affecting the width of the text content area? Live link: http://svenskpotatis.org

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

The horizontal length of the DIV layers (the widgets) will need to be increased in order for the length of the border to increase. It looks like there is some extra space on the right side of the text widgets, so maybe the width can be adjusted slightly. Would that be ideal?

Posted · Report post

I understand. Good to know for upcoming sidebar issues! However in this case my goal is to shorten the borders between the widgets, here's an attached link to the img of what im trying to achieve: http://svenskpotatis.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/ideal.png As the image shows I want the borders to line up with the blue frame above (the one saying: "Fler Potatisrecept"). Thank you for your always _much_ appreciated help! I often feel lost since im new to html/css etc.

Posted · Report post

I have messed around with several sections using CSS and can't get the horizontal lines to shrink. Hopefully @catrina or someone else is able to help!

Posted · Report post

Yes it seems to be quite tricky! Thanks for your respone! :-)

Posted · Report post

Hello there, This should do it: [code] .widget_text { margin-right: 35px; } [/code]

Posted · Report post

Looks like @kastelic 's answer worked for you! Glad we could help.