Photo

Make my blog page exactly like the demo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 johntree

johntree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:29 AM

I??™m looking at your demo site of the iBlog 3 theme, and the blog page has 3 rectangle blogs, each with a picture on the left, and words on the right. I love that look, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how you did that??? I created the same blog page on my site (www.whygowest.com) but I cannot get the same look that you did, and that??™s what I want. I've tried tables, etc. but I cannot get a picture on the left, and the headline and copy on the right. Please help me make my blog look just like the iBlog 3 demo blog page... Imitation is flattery, so Andrew, consider yourself complimented and flattered :)

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:27 PM

The look that is on the demo is the standard look you should get with the theme. All you need to do is make sure thumbs are added to posts, and that excerpt functionality is enabled

#3 johntree

johntree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:43 PM

I'm using the WP-post-thumbnail plugin you included with this theme, and I have excerpt functionality enabled in the options, but I cannot get any thumbnail picture to show up? What is the default size of the thumbnail settings for preset1 in the plugin? How do I get it to look like your demo blog? Please help!

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:16 PM

Hi John, Please check out this post for info on the thumbs: http://www.pagelines...id=42#post-2192 or http://www.pagelines...p?id=14#post-80 the demo posts page shouldn't be hard to duplicate. In fact I set it up in about an hour using near default settings.

#5 johntree

johntree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:41 AM

I finally got it. Needed to create the variable "thumbs"... Wasn't an obvious solution, but happy to have it done. My blog page is just how I want it now! Thanks!