• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sbou

sbou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:07 AM

Hello, i'm using Simple Facebook Plugin on my "StationPro" theme, and this plugin require one change for comment with facebook. To make the SFC-Comments plugin work (on older themes), you need to edit your comments form. This is probably in your theme??™s comments.php file. Instructions: Find the three inputs for the author, email, and url information. They need to have those ID??™s on the inputs (author, email, url). This is what the default theme and all standardized themes use, but some may be slightly different. You??™ll have to alter them to have these ID??™s in that case. Just before the first input, add this code: 1
2 Just below the last input (not the comment text area, just the name/email/url inputs), add this: 1
That will add the necessary pieces to allow the script to work. Note: Newer themes that use the comments_form() function don??™t have to add any code added to them at all. The plugin automatically handles that case. http://wordpress.org...cebook-connect/ But i don"t find where on stationpro i have to make this change to work. Can you help me ? I don't want to create a new comment form, just add the facebook connect function, is there anybody who use this plugin too ?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:00 PM

Most of our clients are upgrading to PlatformPro and using the built in social media options which are pretty cool. We have the capacity to add all the social media icons/links to the top of the page in the header for generic links, as well as a social media bar that may appear (as you wish) in the post, just above the comments form. This allows people to "like" or "link" individual posts. I've gone through the instructions and StationPro and concluded that this plugin most likely will not be compatible. It requires considerable coding that I can't provide. Other than finding a replacement plugin, you might consider one of our Pros helping you to achieve this. They'd know which file to edit and how. http://www.pagelines.com/pros