11 replies to this topic

#1 justinkendall

justinkendall

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationQueenstown, Maryland
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:44 AM

I'm trying to use feature slides on my site for some quick static content. It works fine and everything looks great. The only problem is it added a extra feature slide that I can't seem to get rid of. I only have 3 slides setup but it's showing 4 on the site. Is there a way to fix this issue? I don't have any plugins activated as I just installed WordPress yesterday. I've reset it to default settings twice hoping that would fix it but every time I setup my slides the extra one appears. My problem can be seen at http://nonprofitairdrop.org

#2 dorsipalmisano

dorsipalmisano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:43 AM

if u go to the Feature Option panel, everyfeature has an option at the bottom wich is "mark as draft". It will disable the feature

#3 justinkendall

justinkendall

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:03 PM

Thanks for the suggestion but that doesn't work because it only shows my three feature slides in the feature setup area. I only have three created and a forth is randomly appearing on the actual site. I deleted all of the extra feature slides that I didn't need originally. Screenshot of feature setup area is here http://rtf.cc/9ziL

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:01 PM

Have you tried deactivating any plugins you have?

#5 justinkendall

justinkendall

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:13 PM

@Catrina, as I stated in my original question. I have no plugins activated.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:44 PM

Actually, you have some sort of error in there. The slides don't even match the labels in the slider navigation. Click each one.. the first is correct, the second shows blank. The third shows what should be the second and 4 shows what should be the third. Make sure you don't have a blank slider in there... It appears like you have one saved that' thinks it's No. 2... that's blank. Probably with no content, headline or slide.

#7 justinkendall

justinkendall

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

@rangelone, thanks for the suggestion but that doesn't solve it. I only had three slides setup and it was adding in the extra one. I saw the slides labels were incorrect. I assume due to whatever is causing the issue of adding an empty slide. I just removed every slide and feature box I had so that the only thing left was Feature Settings. Then I added a new slide and filled in the content. I saved it and even though I now only have the Featured Settings and one slide listed I still have an extra empty slide showing up. It's live on the site right now if you want to look at it. I won't waste time adding the others back until I can get this issue solved.

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:32 PM

Justin, In EcoPro, the Features are set up individually in a different way than Platform, but each slide is present in the Features Setup... even if you have no content there. A blank space could be present in one of the unused sliders. That would cause the sliders to offset. I'd suggest putting dummy content up on each slider.. filling each one with a picture text, labels, etc. Once each slider is set up, save it all and return to your site and see if there's still a phantom slide.

#9 justinkendall

justinkendall

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:34 PM

The problem is I have no unused slides. I deleted every slide and just remade the first one. I still have extra empty slide appearing.

#10 justinkendall

justinkendall

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:39 PM

Realization. The video in the first slide is apparently too big. Even though EcoPro is optimized for 480 x 290 videos or images and my video was 480 x 270. Grabbed a smaller size from Vimeo and tried that. Now the phantom slide has disappeared. Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#11 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:41 PM

Justin, I have upgraded this to a developer for their attention.

#12 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:42 PM

Glad you were able to resolve it.