9 replies to this topic

#1 ringo1

ringo1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:00 PM

Okay my friends, had a meeting with the people of this website build that won't end. I've been building on a mac and everything looks great. Saw the site on a PC with IE 8 and it looked bad. : ( SInce then I've been using adobe browser lab and saw that it looks fine in Windows IE 9 with Vista. I realize most people are still using IE 8 or less in XP etc. so I gotta fix it for that. Anyway, all that aside : ) The last picture in this div on the right is squashed in on IE 8: http://www.onet-it.com/?page_id=16 Don't know what's causing this. I 'm considering putting them in a table or any ideas? Not a platform pro thing I know but I appreciate all you guy's smartness. Any thoughts welcome!

#2 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:21 PM

I see that. Not sure whats causing it but this CSS may fix it:

.thumbs img {width: 117px !important }

#3 ringo1

ringo1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

Hey, thanks Jimmy! Tried it but it didn't do it... actually made the first one squish a little when I added that. I might be going about this wrong, I'm trying to center these divs in the space by using a left margin.

#4 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:54 PM

I don't see your code in there, can you leave it in for a moment so I can check again? Thanks.

#5 ringo1

ringo1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:54 PM

Do you mean in the site? I've been putting code in the base style.css and also the custom code area in Platform (But not the same code in both). It appears to me that some work in one place and not in the other. Is this true? Here's the code in the style.css in the base: (should I put it in the custom code place in the settings? /* @ Page Thumbs */ .thumbs { float: left; margin-left: 30px; align: center; font-size: 12px; padding: 0 0 2px; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; } .thumbbox {margin-left: 60px; margin-top: 50px; } .thumbbox2 {margin-left: 125px; margin-top: 50px; } .thumbbox3 {margin-left: 417px; } .thumbbox4 {margin-left: 494px; } There are different pages that use these thumbboxes. Some have 1 image, some have 2 and some have 3 and I'm trying to keep them centered in the content area with the margin settings. Could be the wrong way to do it but I don't know.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:49 AM

Try adding the code to the custom code box in the settings to see if it works.

#7 ringo1

ringo1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:49 AM

Hi Catrina, I put it there and it works fine on a mac and also IE9 windows vista but it's squeezing in the right side image on the IE 8 XP PC they're looking at it on. : ( Don't know how to stop that... Also guys, here's the code in the page

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:50 AM

Can you post a screenshot of what it looks like on IE 8 on the XP PC?

#9 ringo1

ringo1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:18 PM

Sure! Looks like this. http://www.onet-it.com/scrunch.jpg

#10 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:16 PM

When you look at your HTML source on IE, are the dimensions for the image 117x76?