• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 talentdiner

talentdiner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

Help. I've spent all day on a website using the EcoPro theme, and most of it is fine. But the footer does not look the way we want it, it is delivering three columns listing all the site page links vertically with titles that I am unable to edit anywhere I look. Only by poking around was I able to guess that this has something to do with morefoot settings. We cannot locate the morefoot settings. Looking under Widgets, I notice a small note that mentions the "Morefoot" settings are enabled in the Options panel. However, no such option is appearing in my installation on any of the Options screens. I have also tried creating a custom menu to appear instead of the columns, with less than desirable results so far. It seems we are forced to use some form of three column layout in the footer. It is critical that we resolve this issue, otherwise we will have to abandon EcoPro and probably Pagelines altogether. I was able to construct a site recently using the Base child theme and did not encounter an error like this.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:32 AM

May we have a link to your site? It helps us diagnose the problem and give you the best possible solution.

#3 talentdiner

talentdiner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:20 AM

Thank you. http://www.talentdin...caagdev/website is the link to the dev site we are creating. Incidentally, Talentdiner.com itself is actually a PageLines theme built using Base, as I mentioned above. Talentdiner isn't really finished either, still waiting on some content. You can get to the admin for our EcoPro site at http://www.talentdin...ebsite/wp-admin Of course I shouldn't put the passwords to that into a public comment, but will supply them if asked. I've temporarily inserted some contact info into the footer arranged in 4 vertical segments. It was the best I could do without the morefoot settings available. I was really tired when I wrote all that above. We are going to live through this I'm sure, but I need your help with the footer. Incidentally, the homepage is only partially customized, I'm searching now for some graphics to insert into the Feature slides and other pages. I've done a little bit of WordPress theming, and can probably create necessary custom code, such as a custom footer, if need be. I'm new to PageLines, which is obviously a good product.

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:30 AM

I don't really understand what you need help with. Upon visiting your page it looks like you have a 5 column footer in place. Is that not what you wanted?

#5 talentdiner

talentdiner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:29 AM

No. What you see here is what I punted out of desperation, after I wrote the post for help. It isn't horrible but it is not what our customer asked for. I was able to create the text columns by putting a text widget in each column. There are no links, which is what we wanted to have. We were going to have the contact info all in one column, that way people who need it can copy paste it. The default footer that appeared yesterday has the columns as I described above in my first post, and there is no way to adjust it. It was displaying columns alright, but they all had the same thing in them (all the site links in long vertical lists, albeit with different headings. Weird. I hope you agree. I believe I should be able to set up the footer by using the Morefoot options, but they do not appear in my installation. Can you please advise me whether or not the EcoPro theme is supposed to have the Morefoot options or not. Apologies for any confusion.

#6 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:28 AM

I just enabled EcoPro on my blog to view the footer options. In your widgets area, you have these options: Footer Left Footer Middle Footer Right Footer Columns The Footer Left, Middle, and Right are essentially your "Morefoot" area. This will give you three columns of information. The Footer Columns section appears below the Morefoot area and should be the 5 column footer. You can enable one or both at the same time. Basically, you have done what you are supposed to do. Plus, if you don't have anything in the Footer Columns widget, it does you default text/data that it pulls from your site. Hopefully this helps!

#7 lisaren

lisaren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:26 PM

Question for you - how did you change the color of your footer? Where is that set? Body tag? A class tag called "effect"? I can't find it and do it on my site :-) Driving me nuts!

#8 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:20 AM

You can change that using custom CSS with this code:

#footer {
	    background: #960100 !important;
	}

Just change the #960100 to whatever color you want.

#9 lisaren

lisaren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:26 PM

That worked! Thank you :-)

#10 talentdiner

talentdiner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:36 PM

Thanks for these comments. I haven't been back to work on this site in a few weeks. Have some edits this morning. In the meantime I learned how to create a WordPress Theme from the ground up for another customer, I'm hopeful I'll be able to use that to understand how things apply here as well.