Photo

Problem with Feature Page

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 dancallo

dancallo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:54 PM

I am having problems setting up the feature-page template frontpage that is the static page on my website. The directions for setting this up indicate that you must create a new page and then select the "feature-page" template. I can't find any box to check or button to select for this template.

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3254 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:02 PM

You choose the feature page as a 'page template' in the right hand side of the page creation area. In fact there are several feature page templates to choose from

#3 dancallo

dancallo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:07 PM

I suppose this is the problem that I'm having. When I click on Page > New Page, there is no Page Template selection in the right-hand side of the page creation area or any part of that page. I am running WordPress 2.8.5 and WhiteHousePro theme has been activated. Can you tell me why I can't see the area of the New Page section that you're referring to? I have 2-column view on as well.

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3254 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:06 PM

sometimes WP doesn't register them correctly. Go to admin > 'appearance' and reactivate the theme... Once you get the templates to show up your problem should be solved.

#5 dancallo

dancallo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:35 PM

That wasn't the problem, believe it or not. The issue was with the administrator account that I was using to access WordPress. I had a secondary account with author privileges and, after elevating those privileges to Editor, logging into that account allowed me to see the "Page Templates" section under Attributes on the right-hand side of the Page > Add New page window. Selecting "Feature-Standard" gives me exactly what I need. Thanks, again. Problem resolved.