Photo

Carousel embeds in wrong place on page

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 martyn

martyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:51 PM

Hello I want to embed a carousel in one page, at the top, underneath my navigation. I have created the page using the Carousel Page Full Width template. I have enabled my FlickrRSS in settings. I have set the number of items and the link mode. It appears in the top of the page on top of the background image (which is also wrong - but let's save that for another time :-) ) First off, how do I get make the carousel appear within the body of the page rather than in the header at the top? I want it to appear above Lorum Upsum but below the black header http://www.prosocial...om/?page_id=182

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:22 PM

In the page-carousel-full.php the line that says: `require(PRO.'/template_carousel.php');` controls the carousel slider. You can add inside the actual template_fullwidth.php file to get in the content of the page, but you will have to add the php tags. You follow?

#3 martyn

martyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:14 AM

Thanks Adam. Like this? <?php require(PRO.'/template_carousel.php'); ?> in the full width template? Anywhere in the template?

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:30 PM

Yeah like that. I don't know exactly where you want it, I recommend just playing around with it until you've landed it where you want it. It's easy enough to copy/cut that line of code and see what happens. If you add it to the full width template it will add it to all full width pages not just the carousel ones. Let me know how the it goes, or just further describe the problem if you need more assistance.