How to edit the text; "Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *"?

Question

Posted · Report post

I'm sorry for posting this question again, as a newbie, I click the Accepted-button to fast, and I don't know how to un-click again. But how - and where, can I edit the text in the comment-form?

3 people like this

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

It's maybe more right to ask, How - and where, can i add text below that sentence

Posted · Report post

Eva, Is that the default comment form setup by Wordpress? If it is, then the phrase you wish to change will be in a WP setting, not a platform setting. Let me know and I'll research it further.

Posted · Report post

Yes it is. I have edit the text "Leave a reply", by change the code; -to this; "REPLY"))?>, and then edit "REPLY" to my words. I have do this in PlatformPro, comments.php. This file don't exist in Platform base. I wonder if there is a code (or what you call it), I can change, so I then can edit the text: "Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *" and also write something below these words.?

Posted · Report post

Eva, Have you considered using Disqus instead of the default comments form? It looks neater and provides you with control of the text.

Posted · Report post

It sounds interesting, rangelone. But what is Disqus? It is a plugin? :)

Posted · Report post

Yes. It's one of the approved plugins. If you go to Dashboard > PlatformPro > Welcome (scroll down) and you'll see a link to that plugin. I'd suggest you click, read it and consider installing it. Here's an example on my site (scroll to the bottom of the post) http://www.epicurus.com/beverages/pumpkin-spice-liqueur/1556

Posted · Report post

Now I have instal the plugin, so now I will se if I can understand the settings. Thank you for your help and tips! :)

Posted · Report post

Now the Disqus-comments-form is a reallity on my blog. Thanks for amazing tips! :D

Posted · Report post

No problem. Please click that "Thanks" button if you don't mind! It helps ensure you get such support.