Photo

Can I upgrade from WordPress 3.0.1 to WordPress 3.2.1 (Whitehouse Pro) with the auto upgrade?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 sandidea

sandidea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:22 PM

Can I upgrade from 3.0.1 to Wordpress 3.2.1 via the upgrade button successfully with WhiteHousePro installed, or will I be shooting myself in the foot?

#2 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:20 PM

Yes you can.

#3 sandidea

sandidea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:40 PM

That's great! Can you prove it?

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:33 PM

I just upgraded successfully with WhiteHousePro using the upgrade button:

#5 jessicaaxberg

jessicaaxberg

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:31 PM

I have WhiteHousePro 2.1.1, can I also upgrade to WordPress 3.2.1?

#6 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:43 PM

Yes.

#7 sandidea

sandidea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:29 PM

Fantastic Kastelic! Please demonstrate, that is, go ahead and prove it.

#8 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:04 PM

All Pagelines themes follow the latest wordpress updates. You should always update to the latest version of your theme as well as the latest version of Wordpress, the latter for security reasons, and the former for compatibility.

#9 charmin1

charmin1

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:23 AM

O.K. I messed up..just did the automatic update to latest wordpress..thought I backed up my preferences and customizations but apparently not. I am rebuilding them now but oddly I can't save any changes. Can't turn on feature, can't load Facebook, RSS button, LinkedIn ect. just says saved and then strips in all out...any ideas?

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16923 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:26 AM

Would it be possible for you to post a link to your site and make sure that if you're using any plugins that they are to update and that they are compatable with the latest version of Wordpress.

#11 charmin1

charmin1

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:58 AM

Danny, Thank you. I thought I subscribed to a feed from this question and I am just looping back. Apparently all my customizations got scraped and now I can't get any changes to save. I can't activate the feature page what ever I write in the boxes after I hit save and check the site are wiped out when I go back. Can't limit post length, select or deselect excerpts..actually anything I try. It appears that all the plugins I am using are current but I will say that after several months of ignoring the site I went in one evening and updated everything and added a couple of plugins but didn't activate them and then did the automatic wordpress upgrade. You can see the site here http://cheririley.com When I went into my host provider cpanel and checked for a backup even though I had weekly backups checked it said "no backups because my file was too big". three clicks into the panel I see that but on my wordpress admin interface it didn't indicate they were not able to be done. I really don't like siteground either. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks, Cheri Riley

#12 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16923 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:26 AM

Hi Cheri, Would it be possible for you to grant me access to your site's admin dashboard. You can send me the account details via PM, so I can take a closer look and hopefully resolve your issue.