Photo

Change Background/Feature Colors/Other

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 sandar

sandar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:45 PM

1. Enormous amount of time spent attempting to change the background to that of a downloaded theme. The color & pattern displays at the top (header) of the home page, but fails to replicate through the entire front page except for the color, and not theme pattern. Other pages show theme color but not the pattern, and no name in the header. How to accomplish this task? 2. I'm keeping the basic StationPro design but with some changes to color. I want to change the color of the numbers appearing for features but not the black background. I also want to change the type color for the two front page search areas and replicated on other pages. My experiments with the css style sheet were successful in some areas, but not these. Help? 3. The three middle page sub-groupings I would like limited to five lines, and a "More" icon placed with each. The graphics directly under will be replaced with same-size photos, and would like to have them stationary. They now move based on the number of lines inserted above. How can this be done? 4. Later I will integrate Forum to add additional enhancement to the site. Any problems experienced in this area? Also, I'm accustomed to placing notations in the style sheet where I make changes for ease of locating them later. This seems to work well for me, but I did notice that some script, seeming, is not written in sequence for ease of following; or, perhaps I'm just not understanding it very well!? Thanks! The theme is great.

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:52 PM

1. I understand you are having inconsistencies but I'm not sure what you are actually trying to accomplish without a live link of just how different it is and an example of what you want it to look like. 2. the type color for the feature navigation numbers is controlled by #featurenav a{} The search form field is controlled by #s{} located in the core files. If you download firebug for firefox this will help you greatly in finding css rules that you're looking for. 3.Easiest way to do this is to honestly just only paste in the lines you want, and add a "more" link 4. There are no known problems, usually when people encounter problems it's bc of a incomplete installation.

#3 sandar

sandar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:25 PM

Thanks for responding. Link> http://wwww.prallagon.com The background is minus its pattern for almost the entire page, though the color is OK. Also, subsequent pages show correct background color but minus the pattern. I'm attempting to have the background color/pattern cover the entire front page and subsequent pages. I would also like to move the front page down a bit. Thanks.

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:54 PM

On your css where you placed the background image it is set to repeat-x but it simply needs to say repeat so that it will go both across and down the screen.