Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Menu Bar Dropdown Issue

Question

Posted · Report post

Hey! I'm having problem using my custom Menu. Whenever applying it the dropdown feature won't work at all. I've deactivated and deleted all MENU plugins and tried making different cusom menus. Nothing seems to work. Anybody else got a fix, or the same issue?

17 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Send a link to your site, please. When you say the dropdown feature won't work... How are you creating it? Have you moved (dragged) the second tier menu item just slightly to the right of the main tear? The hierarchy should look like (without the >'s: 1. >1.a >1.b 2 >2.a

Posted · Report post

Www.on-hands.com No,no :) I'm using a WHP setting. When hoovering over the menubar a list of the subpages drops down below. And you can click on any of the subpages, even got a grandchild there somewhere, thats working too. However, when using a custom menu, provided by WP settings, and apply it the dropdown don't work. I have checked that the setting is activated. I don't useany plugins, only WHP and WP settings. Btw, thxfor fast reply! :)

Posted · Report post

Can you post a screenshot of your menu settings?

Posted · Report post

Sure! These are my current settings, and - by my knowledge - the only settings I can access. I have currently activated the menu on my site, still no dropdropdown. th_Skjermbilde2011-08-20kl191627.png th_Skjermbilde2011-08-20kl191807.png Anything else I should screenshot?

Posted · Report post

Hm, can you please post a link to your site?

Posted · Report post

www.on-hands.com :) (thougt I mentioned it above :P)

Posted · Report post

Can you post a screenshot of the settings in Appearance > Menus?

Posted · Report post

Yup, I've already posted it. What you see in the top picture on three posts back is the only settings available in the settings. Kind of strange imo.

Posted · Report post

Whoa, I totally missed that screenshot. Sorry. :) I created a sample menu with custom parent pages and subpages using WhiteHousePro's custom menu settings. I took a screenshot of the proper structure here and made a note about how the subpages are placed in the menu: eiv9o.png

Posted · Report post

Whoa! There's the problem yea. Actually mr. Rangealone tried to explain me this. But I didn't understand, now I do. hehe! :) Thanks! Back to designing! Good I love this theme, and good I love this forum - support 24/7. Major Companies have something to learn about this yea.

Posted · Report post

Glad we helped.

Posted · Report post

I have the same problem using PlatformPro 1.5.3 url: web.demeu.com screenshot: http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee516/anonimouskz/f40a89b3.jpg Need help

Posted · Report post

Hi, From the image you linked, the only issue you're having is that you haven't saved your menu into any menu area, check out my image below. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LYHyM.jpg[/IMG] Hope this helps.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny, O! Yeah right. Thanks and sorry inattention...

Posted · Report post

No problem, I have done this myself so many times :D

Posted · Report post

@demeu You said the problem was with PlatformPro 1.5.3. Do you have platformbase activated?

Posted · Report post

@rangelone Yes i do