• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 smile9381

smile9381

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:12 PM

I'm familiar with hooks, but I'm not sure what the PHP should look like to call a particular set of features. On the homepage only, I would like the feature slider to be before the page content (so the sidebar is to the left of the slider). The category for my the feature set for the homepage is "Homepage".

#2 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:00 PM

Is the home page also your blog page? By the way, the feature slider doesn't go in the main content area, it is always full-width.

#3 smile9381

smile9381

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:15 AM

No, I set the home page to be a static page. I understand that the feature slider doesn't go in the main content area. I'm asking whether I can move it there using hooks (and CSS restyling, of course).

#4 smile9381

smile9381

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:15 AM

Sorry... that sounded a bit short and rude. Didn't mean to be!

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:17 AM

If the feature slider is only going to be displayed in the main content area on one page, it's possible with CSS. The feature slider's width will have to be reduced in order to accommodate the sidebar on the left.

#6 smile9381

smile9381

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:37 AM

I tried adjusting the CSS to do that, but the sidebar was in a div with the main content, so even when I floated the slider right, the sidebar didn't pop up because slider+main content were full width. I will have something below the slider (no text, but a series of post thumbnails from various categories) hooked in (or before/after) the main content area.

#7 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:10 PM

You can pull the sidebar up with a negative margin. It's not an "ideal" solution, but one we usually cite.