Photo
- - - - -

link Custom Header Image to another page

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 mhulnick

mhulnick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

Is it possible to link the Custom Header Image to a different page other than my home page, and how? I'm using the White House Pro v2 for wordpress.

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:55 PM

Open your header.php file and look for some code that looks like or similar to this: `

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

` Then change what's inside of the href="" to wherever you want it to link.

#3 mhulnick

mhulnick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

Thanks for getting back so fast! I probably should have started with a more difficult task, this was a good fix to hold me over in the mean time... I am familiar with html a little but not php. Is it possible to have a logo for instance link to my home page and another image link else were. (my goal is to set up two or more images, or areas that link to different places, in the custom header). Has anyone done this for the white house theme. Thank you again for your help!!!!!

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:16 PM

No problem! You will have to hardcode the images into the header using html instead of the custom header function as that only allows one image. If you are familiar with html this should be easy enough.

#5 mhulnick

mhulnick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:43 PM

I have the code I would like to use, just not 100% sure where to put it in the header php, so I don??™t mess up the file or possible the entire home page: <table width="962" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tr height="115"> <td width="222" height="115">

</td> <td width="740" height="115">

</td> </tr> </table>

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:31 PM

I don't think you have to use a table to do this, but put it just after this line and see how it works `
`

#7 mhulnick

mhulnick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:04 PM

Did not work very well, I wonder if you can use table there, I only got a blank space. Any other ideas for similar results? Thanks for hanging in there still!!!

#8 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:33 PM

Well that's because the table was formatted, but if you copied it exactly you didn't actually put any images into the table.

#9 mhulnick

mhulnick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:02 PM

Now I don't remember what I code i pasted. It may have been linking to my desktop, but no broken links. This worked: <div class="headline"><table width="960" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tr height="115"> <td width="222" height="115">

</td> <td width="740" height="115">

</td> </tr> </table> <?php if(pagelines('custom_header')):?> <?php else:?> I also used your advices from a previous thread that centered it: "On line 47 of your css stylesheet you need to change the width for #header to 960px. currently it is set at 940px." It's awesome when this stuff actually starts to come together. Now the only problem is my boss might start to think I can do anything :(