Photo

How do I add more than one set of boxes to a blog page?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 danoah

danoah

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

How do I add more than one set of boxes to a blog page? I want to add different box sets to the bottom of certain posts or pages (in addition to the global box sets at the top of the page). I'd really like to insert them into the content itself via a line of code in the HTML. Is this possible?

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:44 AM

Hi danoah. Does this help solve your problem: http://www.pagelines...iscussion/12436 ?

#3 danoah

danoah

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:15 AM

No, doesn't answer my question. I want to insert a set of boxes within the post content itself (in addition to the boxes that are already installed above the content). Is that possible? Also, what exactly is a boxes page? Is it possible to have a regular content section on a boxes page?

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:29 AM

While I am unsure if you can add a set of boxes with the post (hoping someone else can provide input!), I wanted to answer your second question. You can add regular content to a boxes page. Just add a new page in the admin panel and then select "boxes page" on the right for the template. You can customize it just like any other page.

#5 danoah

danoah

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:55 AM

That's where I'm confused. All it does when I do that is display every box in every box set on the page, but doesn't post any of the text that I added above.

#6 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:05 AM

I did some playing around and found where your problem may lie. Make sure you visit the theme options and add the content section (plus whatever else you want to appear) while on the Box Page Template.

#7 danoah

danoah

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:10 AM

Ah, I gotcha. Thanks! Does anybody know the answer to the other question about whether you can put boxes into the content of a post?

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

You can't put boxes into the content of a post (above the comment section, for example) using Template Setup. It'll most likely require some code customization.

#9 danoah

danoah

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:36 PM

Okay, thanks Catrina.

#10 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:41 PM

Do you need further assistance with this topic?

#11 danoah

danoah

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:39 PM

No, is there a place to request features in future versions?

#12 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:16 AM

The "Ideas and Feedback" forum is the perfect place for your request. :) http://www.pagelines...as-and-feedback