5 replies to this topic

#1 keithmagvacom

keithmagvacom

Advocate

• Members

• 414 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:57 PM

Hi folks I need to add a new page to the site located here http://www.belmonthousestud.com/ This is not problem, however when I add the name of the page to the nab bar it wraps onto a new line. How can modify the dimension of the nav bar to get a few more pixels? Thanks Keith

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:53 AM

Keith, This new page you want to add to the menu, is it secondary to any current menu item? I notice that you are not using a hierarchy for the menu. In the menu setup, if you add the page and move it under an existing applicable menu item and then shift it to the right a bit, it will appear as a drop down and you won't have to worry about the total width of the main menu. If this doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll get one of our more proficient CSS colleagues to intervene.

#3 keithmagvacom

keithmagvacom

Advocate

• Members

• 414 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:59 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, but for this instance it won't work. I'm trying to add jigoshop, so need a number of pages which i intend to put as secondary (cart, account, order tracking etc...). The main button will be shop (works fine on eng and de versions but not on fr) and all the associated pages will be children of this.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:43 PM

I believe you can edit the width of the individual menu items so that decreases that width of the nav bar overall. Is that what you want to do?

#5 keithmagvacom

keithmagvacom

Advocate

• Members

• 414 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:07 PM

That would be fine. The problem only exists on one of the language options, but can't shorten the wording any more than I have. I guess I only need 10-20px!

#6 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:53 AM

Hi Keith. Try adding this line of code to your custom CSS, adjusting the size as needed.

#primary-nav ul.main-nav {
	    	width: 810px !important;
	}