Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

full width sidebar image cropped on left

Question

Posted · Report post

I have a full width sidebar above my footer. Within the widget is a text field with some openx code in there for our banners. The left side of the banner is cropped by about 5-10px but extends all the way to the right. Any idea why this would occur?

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

It could be a CSS issue. Do you have any custom CSS added to the settings right now? Can you post a link to your site?

Posted · Report post

www.wbbz.tv here's the custom css we have - .fixed_width #page{ -moz-box-shadow:0 0 5px 0px #666; -webkit-box-shadow:0 0 5px 0px #666; box-shadow:0 03px 5px #666} .pagelines{display:none} .fixed_width #page, .fixed_width #footer, .canvas #page-canvas { width: 960px;!important; }

Posted · Report post

Can you provide a link to the page with the issue?

Posted · Report post

bottom footer, www.wbbz.tv

Posted · Report post

Oh i see it now, its not appearing in Chrome. I guess, reupload the banner at 954px width and it should fit evenly.

Posted · Report post

Had same problem. The full width sidebar is a text-widget for one thing and has some css you can adjust. The other one is the div in which it is nested: #page-main .content { border-left: 1px solid transparent; border-right: 1px solid transparent; } Change this in your Custom CSS to: #page-main .content { border-left: 0; border-right: 0; } This should remove the space that seems to be there. I had to do it with the same side-bar I'm using on this dev site; http://div3.store-direct.com The full width sidebar is being used for the slider at the top of the home page. Hope this helps. Posey