• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rubski

rubski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:15 AM

November last year I bought the EcoPro theme and set up my web in English. I now need to localize my website in Dutch too. With a plug-in it's an easy job. But I also want to localize the title & feature boxes. I've been driving my webmaster crazy, but he is not able to find the code... So please: how can I localize the title & feature boxes in my EcoPro theme?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:24 PM

You can create a child theme based on the EcoPro theme so that you can change the code in the files from there or if you don't mind making the changes again after updating EcoPro, you can change the files (child themes allow you to make changes without affecting the parent files). Is your webmaster familiar with child themes?: http://codex.wordpre...rg/Child_Themes

#3 rubski

rubski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

Let me check with my webmaster and I'll let you know. Thanks!

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:10 PM

Any word from your webmaster? :)

#5 rubski

rubski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:55 AM

I have tried to find my previous posts on this issue but they don't seem to be here. So I will re-post here and start again. Using a Child Theme will not resolve the issue. The EcoPro theme has some specific entry requirements for the feature boxes on the home page. I can enter in the text that will be displayed, but I see no way of translating them using a plug-in or using an MO/PO file. Can someone offer any guidance here? ... or some insight as to how Eco handles localization of these feature boxes? Is the developer out there?

#6 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts
  • LocationWilliamstown, MA
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:04 PM

What plugin do you use to make your website bilingual? qTranslate has a solution for situations like this. Do you use qTranslate?