Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Problem with feature page as front/blog page

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello, I've a problem here. I set up the front pages with feature template. The page is also my post page. If in Settings/Reading I set the page as Static page - Front Page I can see the feature panels and specify the ID page in Feature Setup but if I set the page as Static Page - Post Page the only way to see my feature panels is to remove the page ID in Feature Setup. What can I do to solve the problem? I was also wonderinf if there is a way to set some feature panel without text and just with a full width image without padding around. I checked Firebug but I don't know exactly if it's the right tool here. the website url: http.//www.jerrymagni.com/wp/ Thanks in advance.

34 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Ah, okay, I understand now. Here is CSS you should try instead:

.page-id-15 #feature #home1 {display:none}

This will hide the home1 feature on your homepage slider. It can be changed so that it hides the feature in the slider in your other pages. Can you please post a link to a page where you want a specific slide to be hidden?

Posted · Report post

I put that code in Custom CSS but nothing happen :(

Posted · Report post

Can you post a link to the page where you want the feature slide to be hidden? Also, can you provide the name of the feature slide that you want to hide?

Posted · Report post

body.page-id-165 #featurearea #home1, body.page-id-165 #featurearea #home2, body.page-id-165 #featurearea #home3 {display: none;}

Posted · Report post

what happens if you edit /pro/template_feature.php and add this code to the top:

<?php if(is_home()) {

$dpost = $post;
	$post->ID = 9999;

} ?>

then use a page id of 9999 in feature setup.. . then at the end of the feature template (above) add this to set back the $post variable:
	<?php if(is_home()) {

$post = $dpost;

} ?>

Posted · Report post

Hallelujah!!! You're the man Finally the problem is solved. Thank you so much :)

Posted · Report post

Hey kgstew, I'm still working on the same website, I know it's a while but I'm on and off on that site. Anyway, your code works to show the feature box in my post/homepage but it disable the thumbnail in the first post of the page, any suggestion? the page is here: http://www.jerrymagni.com/wp