Photo
- - - - -

How do I set my Home page as a Post style?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pulaskifop

pulaskifop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:13 PM

I'm trying to figure out how to set my home page as a blog style page where I can post daily updates (displaying three at a time. I do not have a Post Pages option in my Template options on the Add New Pages page. All other pages will be 'static', but the homepage should be a listing of 'What's New' and 'Current'. Note: I tried setting the Home page to look at a Post page under Settings > Reading > Front Page Displays but again I do not have the option to select Post Pages. Additionally, I setting it to my Latest Posts but the posts always display in their full content instead of as an excerpt. Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks.

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:41 PM

The default installation of WordPress gives you a blog home page with excerpts...I'm not sure how you ahve gotten otherwise..what's the link to your site?

#3 pulaskifop

pulaskifop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:56 AM

Our home page is a standard text page vs. posts. Another volunteer set it up so not sure if something custom was done. I've tried setting up a new page - Add New Pages but again, it's a text style, not a blog/post style. I don't understand why the Post style page is not available in the Template drop down. I thought this would be the answer.

#4 diezel23

diezel23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:08 AM

Under your menu tab in the dashboard there is a "custom link" which will add a new menu item to your selected menu if filled in. In the URL input box type - "index.php" and in the label box type - "home". this will now create a new home button that will direct you to your main page containing the post excerpts. Hope this helps