Creating a multilingual site with EcoPro

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 williampowell

williampowell

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:57 PM

I can easily create a multilingual site in WP, but I haven't been too successful in changing the language in the EcoPro settings without replacing the English version (i.e. the 3 sections under header, the header text, etc.). Is this possible or do I need to create a sub-domain and upload EcoPro to that or some other option? Any help is appreciated.

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:40 PM

no it's fine, just start by disabling the Cufon font replacement which doesn't have the total character set you need by default.

#3 williampowell

williampowell

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:04 AM

My technical skills are on the upper echelon of novice. I'm not quite sure what you mean. It seems to me there needs to be some adjustment made in the WP menu for EcoPro settings. That's where I get confused.

#4 dorsipalmisano

dorsipalmisano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:36 AM

I disablied Cufon but it doesn't work. If i, for example, change the "blog name" (usually ) in Ultime News|Latest News (is just an example), it shows Ultime News|Latest News instead of the one of the selected language. How to do?

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:32 PM

William, I think you must go to Theme Options > Text Options and disable "Enable Cufon font replacement?"

#6 williampowell

williampowell

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:39 PM

Thanks for the suggestion Catrina. I'm not looking to change the font. I want to be able to have the Header and Nav be able to render in 2 different languages. Sorry if my question wasn't worded very clearly. I understand the need to disable Cufon fonts in order to use special characters in the 2nd language.

#7 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:22 PM

Ah, I see. Are you using any translation plugins?

#8 williampowell

williampowell

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:17 PM

No. I will do the translating for all my pages. I was hoping to simply add a directory, if possible (i.e. www.website.com/pt/index.html in place of www.website.com/index.html)

#9 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:12 PM

I believe it is possible, but that is going to affect your other pages (not just the index.html page).