• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hubss

hubss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:51 PM

Using WP 3.2.1 and PlatformPro 1.5.2 My website's "home" page and another page "x" seem to be connected together. I would like the "home" page to use the Feature Page template, while page "x" should use the Default Template. However, it seems that whatever template the other page uses also applies to the home page: if I choose Feature Page for "x" then the "home" page changes to Feature Page, if I choose Default Template for "x" then the "home" page also reverts to this template (even though it remains marked as a Feature Page). Any help would be appreciated.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:36 AM

Does the "x" page represent any specific page or does it represent all other pages? Can you post a link to your site and point out which page seems to be connected to the homepage?

#3 hubss

hubss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

I figured out my problem. "x" represented a second page. The problem was that my "Home" page was designated as both my static home page AND my posts page - I changed this to just static under Settings -> Reading. For some reason this double designation prevented any metadata to register, probably intrinsic to WP's architecture.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:28 AM

Ah, yes, that makes sense. :)