Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Edit Comment/Reply location

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello, I'd like to have the "leave a comment" show at the end of my post, under the images, and on the post page. With multiple posts on one page, I feel it needs the division in-between posts. Also, is there a way to add the share/like/etc. bar on the post page? Ideally, the post page would resemble the single post page with the full "Leave a reply" section and share bar. Thanks, Dave

1 person likes this

19 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I don't believe comments can be left on the main posts page, or at least not by default so you wouldn't be able to do this.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Oh OK. But is it possible to at least move the "leave a comment" below the posting and add a little padding between seperate posts?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

sure it's possible. You may even be able to just use this shortcode for the bottom of your posts [post_comments]

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hmm...where would I copy that short code to? comments.php? PHP scares me. :/

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I pasted the shortcode into the individual post, but I still have the one up above. How would I get rid of it? Ideally my comment section would look like this: http://www.sevenspoons.net/ Maybe there's a plug-in or widget for that? Thanks

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi Dave, I'm not seeing the comments call above the post. Did you get this figured out?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi Kate, No I never did get this figured out. I created a separate question after it was listed as "answered" by my own (2nd) reply. Dave

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi Catrina, I'd like to have the abbreviated comments below the post as if you went directly to www.sevenspoons.net. The comments would be expanded once it is clicked/selected. I would also need to remove the comment above without removing the date and author. Is any of this possible? Thanks

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Here is a plugin for collapsing and expanding comments: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/collapsible-comments/

I would also need to remove the comment above without removing the date and author.
I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what this means. Can you please explain further?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Catrina, Looks like the plug-in authors website is gone. I downloaded anyway and couldn't get it to work. Oh well. "I would also need to remove the comment above without removing the date and author." If I add a comment section below each post, I would need to get rid of the default "comment" above each post so as not to double up. Thanks, Dave

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

can we see a link to your site, you can probably just hide the default comments with css

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hello, Sorry, www.farekitchen.com

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Just to clarify once more (sorry!), are you referring to the "Leave A Comment" link that is displayed below the post title when I visit a single post? Do you want that to be removed?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yes. And also the "leave a comment" on the main blog page. But I would only want to remove it if I could add the entire comment/reply box found at the bottom of each single post page, to the main page. Hope thats clear. Thanks

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

To hide it at the top: .metabar .post-comments {display:none} And to add it at the bottom, paste this into functions.php:

//add comment link at bottom of posts on posts page when using Full Post Content:
	add_action('pagelines_loop_after_post_content','comments');
	function comments(){
		?>

<?php } [/code]

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

That worked perfectly. The more I do this, the more I enjoy. I'll have to thumb through the PHP book I picked up from the library. Cool, Thanks. Dave

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Ok i am glad that worked but How do you avoid this from showing up on your pages? I just want it under posts. Can anyone help with that. I tried putting it in my my hook editor under pagelines_loop_after_post_content which worked but i do not want it to show in my pages.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

lilixoana

This topic is over 2 years old, if you have an issue can you please create a new topic. As we do not even know what PageLines product you're using.

1 person likes this