8 replies to this topic

#1 szool

szool

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:58 PM

Is it possible to have the header and navigation bar be "static" at the top of the screen... so it is always there while people scroll down, the navigation bar remains at the top of the screen, so they can very quickly and easily click on another menu?

#2 kgstew

kgstew

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:27 PM

Hey Szool, Here's a good guide on how to put static elements on your site. http://www.w3.org/St...mples/007/menus Cheers, -Kyle

#3 szool

szool

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:39 PM

wow... this is pretty cool. Do you think you can help me determine how to apply that rule to the navigation bar in both the Station Pro and WhiteHouse pro templates? Thanks!!!

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:24 AM

That is possible, but I will need a link to your site (using either StationPro or WhiteHouse pro) so I can provide an example of the correct CSS.

#5 szool

szool

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:32 AM

I have two sites I'd like to try this on: Station Pro = citizenmediagroup.com Whitehouse Pro = texasvoices.org Thanks!!

#6 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:30 PM

Have you started on it? Is there a particular part you're having trouble with?

#7 szool

szool

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:41 PM

I just don't understand how to enter the custom CSS to make my navigation menu fixed on-screen.

#8 txvoices

txvoices

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:11 AM

Does anyone know the custom CSS line I would need to enter in order to make my navigation menu remain fixed on the screen when people scroll down?

#9 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:19 PM

The lines Kyle gave you (in that link) are what you'll start with. You may need to play around with it a bit to get it right.