Photo

Center Header Image and Show Full Posts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 davecfm

davecfm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:09 PM

Hello, I have a custom image for a header, sized 500x200 px that I'm trying to center. With firebug, I'm able to center the image (padding) but I'm unable to copy & paste the correct text into the custom CSS section and make it work. Do I need to add a tags (eg. #body, img) to make this work? Please help. Also, I would like to set up my first page with my complete & full latest post without the "continue reading." Is this possible? I am already familiar with the static page setting. Thanks, Dave

#2 davecfm

davecfm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:08 AM

OK, figured out the full post issue but where in the stylesheet.css is the code to edit (center) the header?

#3 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:49 AM

Can you please post a link to your site?

#4 davecfm

davecfm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:10 AM

Hello, http://www.farekitchen.com/ Thanks

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:11 PM

Please use this CSS to center your header: #branding div.branding_wrap {text-align: center;}

#6 davecfm

davecfm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:02 PM

You're the best! Thanks. May I ask, how could I do that same thing for other text and images on my site? I do have firebug and I'm certainly not afraid of a little css (php..very afraid). The lead #banding comand, is a mystery to me. How would I know what to use in the future? Thank you so much and understand if my questions are too complicated to answer in this forum. Cheers, Dave

#7 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:36 PM

To center other text and images on your site, you'll need to use this style:
 {text-align: center;}

The CSS selector you need to use depends on what text or images you're trying to align. The selector in the code I provided you above is #branding div.branding_wrap because the image in your header is contained in there.

Please check out this tutorial on how to use Firebug for CSS customizations if you haven't already: http://www.pagelines.../?s=firebug#101

#8 davecfm

davecfm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:57 PM

Thank you Catrina. You've been a great help.

#9 tfrankenmolen

tfrankenmolen

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

I have the same problem, my URL is www.gezondheidsinfo.com. I am desperately trying to enlarge the header logo and put it in the center. Can anyone please help me with it? Making adjustments in the CSS did not work Thnx, Tony