• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cutactionmedia

cutactionmedia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:10 PM

I'm trying to set up a small video gallery on a dedicated page in a WP install of PlatformBase with FancyBox. Everything is current and up to date. What I want to do is use boxes (or soapboxes) as a thumbnail index, where you can click on the thumbnail image to open a FancyBox window of the video right there (hosted on Vimeo), or click on the text to go to that video's dedicated page elsewhere on my site. Vimeo uses iFrame embed links (awesome for iPad!), but I haven't figured out how to open an external link in a FancyBox using a box or soapbox as a starting point. Ideas? Something I've missed? Am I going about this the wrong way? Thank you!

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:46 PM

Where have you started? Which lightbox plugin do you have installed...there are a number of ways to configure this

#3 cutactionmedia

cutactionmedia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:44 PM

Hi Adam! Thank you for jumping in. I've got FancyBox (by Kevin Sylvestre) on top of the latest Shadowbox JS. You can see the germ of the idea here: http://cutactionmedia.com/ The plan is to have those thumbs open a FancyBox containing the Vimeo player, and for the text to link to another page on my site.

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:47 PM

what is the lightbox code you need to add? something like `class="lightbox"` or maybe `rel="lightbox"` Do you know?

#5 cutactionmedia

cutactionmedia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:03 PM

I'm being offered class="fancybox" or the like if I choose the soapbox option. It's a one-line in the standard soapbox setup. I guess that's where I'm stuck - I want to drop a simple line of iFrame html and there's no easy way to do that in the 'box' or 'soapbox' setup. Sylvestre's FancyBox plugin is supposed to be smart enough to intercept all image calls, so when you click on a thumbnail, ordinarily, the referenced image will open in a FancyBox. But to do that in my case, I need to be able to plant that iFrame call in the box/soapbox setup panel.

#6 wendygordon

wendygordon

• Members

• 156 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Did anyone ever answer this?  i am looking for the same thing.  but I cannot figure out what or where to add the code.  in the boxes i only have the option to add a link.  any ideas?

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

Wendy, please open a new topic and reference this.  Thanks.  This topic refers to a legacy product and is outdated.