• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 compartmentlife

compartmentlife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:49 PM

I'm working to launch an updated version of retail site we have using Ecwid. Everything is working great, EXCEPT that the sidebar is hiding the shopping bag when the item count is ZERO. Once you add a product, it shows up. This has not happened on any other theme where I have used Ecwid. http://coolgelsolutions.com/wordpress/

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:20 AM

Do you have any other plugins that you can deactivate? If so, try deactivating them one by one to see if any of them could be causing the shopping bag to disappear.

#3 compartmentlife

compartmentlife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:08 PM

I haven't found one that is causing this. In fact, I'm running the same plugins on this site that I am on another that works fine. The only difference is EcoPro vs. Child Theme...

#4 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:46 AM

Hi Matt, I can't think of any reason it would be doing this, unless there's a specific class assigned that also happens to be the same name of a class used in the EcoPro stylesheet (which seems unlikely). You may need to contact the plugin developer about this one.

#5 compartmentlife

compartmentlife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:23 PM

Thanks Kate, but wouldn't that be the same as me contacting Pagelines about the same problem? If something is named identical either side should be able to help... Anyway, it doesn't really "prevent" checkout because there isn't really a need for the shopping bag until there is product in it anyway. However, it's odd that it shows up fine with product added... It's frustrating from a design / layout perspective.

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:54 PM

everything is showing up except for the javascript that generates the cart...so you'd have to take it up with them.

#7 compartmentlife

compartmentlife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:27 PM

If that is the case, why is the same setup working correctly on my other site: www.shapeletstore.com Both sites use PlatformPro with Ecwid and the same plugins. The only difference is that www.coolgelsolutions.com is using EcoPro... Nothing else has changed. That tells me that the issue is with the theme and not the shopping cart.