Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Header - need editable text under the branding

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, Lots of newbie panicked questions here. Not sure how to go about this - am using the BrandNav as the regular header was too large. Client wants an editable two lines of text in the header just on top of the page content: one small line of text to the right and one exactly across from it on the left. They will have to edit these two small lines (underlined part only ) xxx begins 6:40pm day / xxx ends: 6:30pm day - weekly. Can't figure out how to do this - activated the Call out - it was huge and ugly - couldn't figure out where to edit it and possibly use it for this. Have been afraid to upgrade my theme or WP... so using the PlatformPro 1.3.5 with the child theme activate and WP 3.1.3. ...and please be very clear - as i am code phobic! Using PlatformPro as a CMS just pages unless a plugin requires posting functionality. What would be the best way of going about this... Thank you!!! Help....

32 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

HELP - need to get my header section back to all white!! Someone.... the site is password protected will send it to you off list for you to view...!! Site needs to be live next week...

Posted · Report post

Is the password you gave me last time still the same?

Posted · Report post

Hi Catrina!! Not sure why am not receiving notifications anymore - didn't know you answered - THANK YOU for responding....! Yes Password is the same - just removed some of the custom coding but it didn't make a difference. Current custom coding is: body{} #sidebar-wrap {background:#FCE6C9} #secondnav {z-index:1000;} #brandnav { margin-bottom: 0.7em !important; padding: 13px 0 0; } #callout .callout_head { font-size: 0 } #callout .content-pad { padding: 0 !important; }

Posted · Report post

Is my problem in here? The header was working before I started messing around with the custom code.... working as a white background header only ..... have not changed these since it was working... body background: #23242b page background color #eaebed page canvas background color: #ffffff bordercolor: #e9e9e9

Posted · Report post

ps - have used the features template for all pages - can we set a header color in that?

Posted · Report post

HELP - site has to go live in 8 days !!!

Posted · Report post

GOT IT!!! #header {background:#FFFFFF !important; }