Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eco Theme Home Page Nav Bar

Question

Posted · Report post

Setting up the Eco Theme so that "posts" go to an added page "News" and the "Front" page goes to a static page named "Home". To do this I do the following: 1) add a "Home" page 2) add a "News" page 3) go into Permalinks under Settings - set "Front Page Displays" to a static page - Front Page "Home" page - set "Posts Page" to a "News" page The "Home" page button does not appear in the Nav Bar. If I don't set the "Front Page" to any specific page, then the "Home" button appears on the Nav Bar but displays the "Posts" page. Want to get the following result:

1. Front Page displays the Home page
  2. Posts go to News page
  3. Home Button appears in Nav Bar
I got this to work in the White House Theme, but having the above problem in Eco Theme. Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

ok thanks man!

Posted · Report post

I'm unable to duplicate the problem, can you send a live link? What page template are trying to setup for your home page?

Posted · Report post

http://treehuggerhosting.com/ Home page template: Feature Page - With Page Content / Sidebar The Home page appears ok, but the button "Home" does not appear in the Nav bar.

Posted · Report post

sweet site! to fix this you'll need to edit _nav.php find this code: `$frontpage_id = get_option('page_on_front');` and change to `$frontpage_id = '';` the front page is excluded from nav by default