Photo
- - - - -

Full width pages with posts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#21 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:57 PM

It's not possible to display a widget inside of a widget, but you could replace the bottom three footer areas with the widgets you currently have in the sidebar and then get rid of it altogether?

#22 maherie

maherie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:22 AM

That would work, maybe put the sidebar in a whole row above the bottom footers as I need the bottom footer boxes displayed. So the question remains, how do I do it?

#23 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

Add this to your custom css code area in the theme admin ` #sidebar { clear:left; float:none; width:960px; } ` If you only want this to happen on your blog pages then add .blog to the front like this ` .blog #sidebar { clear:left; float:none; width:960px; } `

#24 maherie

maherie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:49 AM

Okay, perfect. But the page width of the posts page is not the 100% width I'm aiming for. Again thanks for the help.

#25 maherie

maherie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:52 AM

I thought about what I posted and realised, css is the only play to determine the layout width, and bam! there is was. Ignore the above post and thanks for the help.

#26 sproject

sproject

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:35 PM

It works and is really good. ;)

But I have two another problems.

1/ Look at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

There width: auto; for content sucks. What to do if I need more flexible content (without gole between content and sidebar)?

2/ It sucks in really high resolution (like on iMac 27" ;)). I tried to fix it with max-width for content, but sidebar is still at right side of page. How to attach it to right side of div id="nav", not page?

Thanks in advance.