Photo
- - - - -

Blog post title text -> image (EcoPro)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 c1burns

c1burns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:39 PM

Hi, all. I recently purchased the EcoPro theme, and like it quite a bit so far. I do have one question that I haven't been able to find an answer to in the docs or forums. In the theme demo (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

), the blog post titles are replaced (or covered) by images with the same text. So in the demo, the "The Beaches" plain text is replaced by an image with the same text. In my install, this is not happening (i.e., it's just plain text, no image). What do I need to do to make this happen? I've seen plug ins that can do this, but I want to see if 1) EcoPro should be doing it out of the box; or 2) if there was a specific plug in used in the demo that has been proven to work well with this theme.

#2 justme

justme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:48 PM

I must admit your post piqued my interest but I must be blind. I only see text, no images.

#3 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:21 AM

EcoPro should actually do this out of the box... its related to the 'font replacement' options you see under theme options. If this is enabled, then you might be getting a JS conflict (we're using Cufon font replacement) Do you have Firebug installed? if so, are you seeing conflicts?

#4 c1burns

c1burns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:38 PM

Hi, Andrew. Appreciate the help.

I checked that I have the option enabled, and I do. I then looked for JS errors with Firebug, and sure enough there were.

I deactivated all of my other plug-ins so that I just had the base theme + content, and I kept getting an error for the museo.font.js file.

The source looked like this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

For some reason, the theme is looking in /Eco instead of /EcoPro for this particular file. Only for this file and the favicon image is it doing this; the rest have /EcoPro in the path.

I had installed the free Eco theme first for a test run, and then installed EcoPro. I can copy the museo.font.js file into the /Eco theme directory and it works, but I can't for the life of me figure out what is telling it to look in the other theme.

The wp_options table has a value of "EcoPro" for template, and I haven't been able to find the root elsewhere in the database or php files.

Any ideas on where I can find this setting?

Thanks!

#5 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:04 AM

strange error... I checked it out and haven't figured out why it would be doing that. Can you change the `Eco` to `EcoPro`? Does that fix your issues?

#6 c1burns

c1burns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:58 AM

I finally managed to track it down. The "Replacement Font File URL" option in the EcoPro -> Theme Options -> Text Options screen wasn't updated when I installed the new theme. I manually updated the path to the .js file and it's working now. Appreciate the help.