33 replies to this topic

#21 esensio

esensio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:00 AM

Ok, who needs these actions, let's deactivate it. I mean to disable/remove button actions like 'on mouse down', 'on click', etc....but as I know this is not CSS.

#22 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:17 PM

Hi Aleksandar, Am I to understand you want to end the thread?

#23 esensio

esensio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:38 PM

Hello Kate,

No, I do not want to end the thread (this post). I was talking about DOM Event Attributes (http://www.w3schools...m_obj_event.asp)

To visualize better what I meant please see this small piece of code below.

<div id="menu_about_bg" class="cnt10 bgr04 pro03 pro01" onmouseover="toggleMenu('menu_about_bg',1)" onmouseout="toggleMenu('menu_about_bg',0)" onclick="jumpto('about.html')"></div>

#24 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:01 PM

Okay... please bear with me, here :) What exactly do you need assistance with, then?

#25 esensio

esensio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:19 PM

Kate,

I don't understand you. Can you clarify your previous post words?

So far we can't control the colors of menu buttons (with CSS) when the mouse button is pressed (when you click on any button from the main-menu the bgr color is changing to page background color and we don't want this to happen)

So, I am asking, is it possible to exist any DOM events, that we don't/can't declare in the CSS?

#26 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

The active state in general is only apparent in certain browsers...can you tell us which browser you see this in bc in Safari and Chrome things look perfectly fine.

#27 esensio

esensio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:51 PM

on mac: - Safari 5.0.5 (6533.21.1) - OK - Firefox 3.6.18 - not OK on windows - firefox 3.6.18 - not OK - IE 8 - not OK I can check tomorrow how's on Chrome.

#28 esensio

esensio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:52 PM

don't know how's on Firefox 4 & 5 and Opera

#29 esensio

esensio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:09 PM

Adam, do you know where to check for such DOM events in the HTML, such as onblur, onmousedown, etc. Also right click on any button from the menu simulates the color change, which I see during loading of the page I was left clicked.

#30 esensio

esensio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:34 PM

Firefox 5 on mac - not OK

#31 esensio

esensio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:36 PM

So, as I mentioned above the page background color is messing around with menu background color - platformpro/css/dynamic.css on line 74,75

body #page, .sf-menu li, #primary-nav ul.sf-menu a:focus, .sf-menu a:hover, .sf-menu a:active, .commentlist ul.children .even, .alt #commentform textarea{background-color:#e7f3ff;}

We do not want to modify platformpro files, so I will add the following lines of code into platformbase/style.css

#primary-nav ul#menu-main-menu a:focus, .sf-menu a:hover, .sf-menu a:active { background-color: #3573b2; color: #FFFFFF; }

And the case is solved....no more blinking, background changing when clicked on menu buttons.

*** Maybe it's better page background color to be declared separately from the menu classes in platformpro css files.

#32 ernest8888

ernest8888

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:14 PM

Could you please tell the code to get a main nav bar like the one in iBlogPro EMac

#33 esensio

esensio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:29 PM

Just use the code above and replace colors

#34 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:06 AM

Ernest8888, you can find colors to replace them with here: http://cloford.com/r...ours/500col.htm