33 replies to this topic

#1 esensio

esensio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

Hello PageLines team, I have platform pro 1.5.1 + base child theme 1.4.1 I have the same issue, like Maurice Moore (topic: http://www.pagelines...rum/topic/10840), but the code don't seem to work on me. I need some help to make custom css code in style.css of Platform Base in order to: - change the background and text colors of menu buttons - change the background and text colors of menu buttons on hover - change the background and text colors of menu buttons when clicked, focused, visited, etc and most important when that page is opened (currently viewing) I am currently using the code from the topic 10840, but as you can check, it's not seems to work on me. site: http://myccibg.com/ Please, I will appreciate any help on this Thank you! Regards, Alex

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:27 PM

You are probably using a different design mode than the original poster. Double check his to yours to confirm.

#3 esensio

esensio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:46 PM

Hello Adam, I am using the default mode: Full-Width Design With Canvas After several hours I am almost done with the css code of menu. just added #primary-nav in front the classes and it working... my code so far is: #primary-nav .texture { background-color: #729abd; color: #000000 !important; } #primary-nav .sf-menu li { background-color: #729abd; } #primary-nav .sf-menu li li { border-color: #81a1bd; } #primary-nav .sf-menu li a { color: #FFFFFF; } #primary-nav .sf-menu li a:hover { background-color: #3573b2; color: #000000; } #primary-nav .sf-menu .current_page_item a { background-color: #3573b2; color: #FFFFFF !important; } #primary-nav .sf-menu .current_page_item a:hover { color: #000000 !important; } still there are classes which are not very clear for me...but I will figure it out.

#4 esensio

esensio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:53 PM

So far the only thing that is not fixed: When click on any page from menu, the whole list of the child pages becomes with the hover color, instead only the first, the parent page....and I just need to know the class of the child li's to fix it.

#5 esensio

esensio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:57 PM

Oh, I forgot one more thing, which is complete mist for me. when click on any button from the menu, the color changes for a while...then changes to what it has to be. That little issue is still not fixed.

#6 esensio

esensio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:33 PM

Ok, I need a little help on the last one...When click on any button from the menu, the color changes for a while...it's like blinking. Anybody know how to change that?

#7 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:15 AM

I looked at your site and moused over the navigation but I don't see any blinking of any sort. Did the problem fix itself or do you still see a problem?

#8 esensio

esensio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:38 AM

Hello Catrina,

No I can't figure this out, because I have never seen that button actions before....maybe it is modern browsers thing.

You must click on the button to see what happens...not hover

I am using Mozilla Firefox 3.6.18 and also tested with Internet Explorer 8, on a 64bit Windows 7 Ultimate

Please, check my screenshot...I hope you will understand what I am talking about.

http://myccibg.com/m...utton_state.jpg

Regards,
Alex

#9 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:00 PM

add an active state selector ` #primary-nav .sf-menu li a:active { color: #000000 !important; } `

#10 esensio

esensio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:03 PM

Hello Adam, I tried this already, but there is no change. Do you see what I am talking about? Maybe I can't explain well what exactly happens.

#11 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:41 AM

I tried going to your site to see what happens when I click on the menu item, but it's currently under maintenance mode. Is it possible to make it so that someone can access it?

#12 esensio

esensio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:54 AM

Hello Catrina, Use this url: http://myccibg.com/about-us/ I set Wordpress to open custom page. Regards, Alex

#13 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:43 PM

I see what you mean now when clicking on the menu items. I took something out of your CSS. You should try adding this instead of the code you have right now:

#primary-nav .texture { background-color: #729abd; color: #000000 !important; }
	#primary-nav .sf-menu li { background-color: #729abd; border-color: #81a1bd; }
	#primary-nav .sf-menu li a { color: #FFFFFF; }
	#primary-nav .sf-menu li a:hover { background-color: #3573b2; color: #000000;}
	#primary-nav .sf-menu .current_page_item a { background-color: #3573b2; color: #FFFFFF !important; }
	#primary-nav .sf-menu .current_page_item a:hover { color: #000000 !important; }

#14 esensio

esensio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

I removed my code and put yours, but no change....now I am using the code you provide. I am not sure if it's important, but somehow the Page Background Color in Design Control section of Platform Pro is connected with Menu colors. When you click on any button from Main menu the color changes to #e7f3ff which I set as Page background color.

#15 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:00 PM

Hmmm. What kind of menu are you using? A custom menu?

#16 esensio

esensio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:48 AM

Yes, I am using a custom menu.

#17 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:40 PM

That could be why the selectors are off. Try this:

ul#menu-main-menu { background-color: #729abd; color: #000000 !important; }
	ul#menu-main-menu .main_nav li { background-color: #729abd; border-color: #81a1bd; }
	ul#menu-main-menu .main_nav li a { color: #FFFFFF; }
	ul#menu-main-menu .main_nav li a:hover { background-color: #3573b2; color: #000000;}
	ul#menu-main-menu .main_nav .current_page_item a { background-color: #3573b2; color: #FFFFFF !important; }
	ul#menu-main-menu .main_nav .current_page_item a:hover { color: #000000 !important; }

#18 esensio

esensio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:05 PM

added the new code...still the same.

#19 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:32 AM

I can't seem to recreate the issue, what browser and version are you using?

#20 esensio

esensio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:57 AM

Jimmy, I mentioned this above: "I am using Mozilla Firefox 3.6.18 and also tested with Internet Explorer 8, on a 64bit Windows 7 Ultimate" The same is on mac with Snow leopard and Mozilla Firefox and Safari