Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Google +1 button

20 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Actually, I took pity on you ;) Here is google +1 in 2 lines of code! Add it to base functions.php http://www.pastie.org/2162310

Posted · Report post

Thanks - but how to just add it to the header? Thanks again.

Posted · Report post

I tried adding this code and I do not see the Goggle+1 button anywhere. Do I copy/paste all of the code into just Platform Base - functions.php?

Posted · Report post

Yes add it to platformbase/functions.php, making sure platformbase theme is active.

Posted · Report post

Hey Alaina, Yes, you would copy/paste it to your PlatformBase's functions.php file. Is your PlatformBase theme active? BTW: There is a plugin for this in the WP repository if you just want to add it after pages/posts ;)

Posted · Report post

Simon, it works like a charm but how can i use your code but select the small or medium plus one box?

Posted · Report post

Chris, I have no idea ;) Assuming that js file has some kind of args you can pass to it..find a site using the small button and look at the source of the page.

Posted · Report post

Change to ``

Posted · Report post

Instant gratification! Good on ya, Simon... the

<g:plusone size="small">

doesn't seem to work, though. Loving this now, because my social sharing tools match now!

Posted · Report post

A bump for this thread because I wanted to share a plug-in that floats a set of share icons in the left side of the browser that goes well with this solution posted above. It called: Twitter Facebook Social Share by Kunal Chichkar. I took out a line of code in the twitter-facebook-google-plusone-share/tf_display.php file in order to be able to apply my own style. But the default styling options are okay too.

Posted · Report post

I'd love to add this to my page without a plugin. (I'd rather use the hook)... but alas, it doesn't work. I added your code:

add_action( 'wp_head', create_function('','echo "";'));
	add_filter( 'pagelines_before_sharebar', create_function('', 'return "";'));
	[/code]

To my functions.php file in pagelinesbase and it doesn't work for me either. I've added plenty into functions.php before without problems. So, I'm not sure why this isn't working.

Posted · Report post

I'm keen to hear about this too. This is my first attempt at a hook so appreciate an 'idiot-proof' explanation! My aim is to get the button to appear after each of my post's tags area. If I can get that working I'll remove the buddypress footer from the full post view, adding discreet buttons alongside the google+. www.mattrichardsillustration.com/blog

Posted · Report post

The code integration in functions-php for the share section works well enough. But you should be able to link to your google-profile in the header in the same way as you can link to your facebook or twitter profile.

Posted · Report post

@pross Could we use "pagelines_before_branding_icons" to get this in the header? Any chance we can add this to the social media integration in Pagelines? I am more than willing to update the platform pro graphics and sprites. This looks like it is growing fast and I think more and more people are going to want to add it. Your help as always is appreciated.