Photo
- - - - -

iBlog Pro3 look

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 chetjr

chetjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

Good morning! So I purchased your iBlog Pro 3 and had some ideas of what I wanted it to look it. I wanted to change a few things to make it look more like a newspaper design...then I stumbled upon the Pagelines blog. Quite frankly, the body theme is exactly what Im looking for in regards to "the look". My problem is this: I don't know html or css. Is changing the look at this point even feasible? Thanks. Chet

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:19 PM

Exactly what do you like about it? Having it on a simple white background with no boxes? Certain things are easy to change and others are not so I guess I need more info on what you need before I can answer your question. Thanks

#3 chetjr

chetjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:18 PM

The font, the lack of bubble boxes for page entries, the date and tag on the left of the entry....oh how I can go on and on. The font is VERY important to me. Times New Roman is pro. Basically, the style in between the header and footer. I'd like to have the periods be hyphens, but the body style reminds me a newspaper. Being a former photojournalist now turned wedding photojournalist, Im trying to emphasize the difference between wedding photographer and wedding photojournalist in my small town market. I believe the body style helps with this marketing plan.

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:13 AM

Font and colors are very easy to change. We can guide you through the processes to get it the way you want.

#5 chetjr

chetjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:11 AM

Thats awesome. I'm ready to soak this up like a sponge.

#6 chetjr

chetjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:51 PM

Also, just noticed my rss feed isn't working and I don't know why. http://piotrowskistudios.com/blog

#7 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:38 PM

to change fonts etc... first watch Adam's tutorial on using Firebug to customize your site. http://www.pagelines...d-with-firebug/ then its as easy as adding custom css rules for the fonts you'd like to change. E.g: `.hentry {font-family: 'times new roman', times, serif;}` and so on :) As for the RSS did you enable it in the options? (checkbox)

#8 chetjr

chetjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:46 PM

Do you mean the display rss icon and link? Followed your instructions about Firebug. Completely understand now. Went into the stylesheet editor and I need to make the file writable. I followed the Codex, but no permission tab popped up when I right clicked the file.

#9 chetjr

chetjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

Nevermind that...finally figured out the permissions tab. I had the wrong code in the box. Now, just to figure out how to make it look more similar to your blog cause it looks so crisp and clean.

#10 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:04 PM

You'll be there before you know it :)

#11 chetjr

chetjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:05 AM

Ok, I think I did something drastically wrong. My permalinks aren't working for the about and rss feed and somehow the edit this page is visible to viewers. Thats not something I want people to be doing. Help? http://piotrowskistudios.com/blog

#12 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

It says that the index.php file can't be found on your server. Can you verify that you do in fact have this file in your wordpress directory ( in this case, /blog )

#13 chetjr

chetjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:47 PM

Yes, there is definitely a file with that name in the /blog folder with several other folders and files most of which start with "wp-"

#14 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:17 PM

can you make me a temporary admin so I can see if something is acting funny in your settings?

#15 chetjr

chetjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:00 PM

I can make another user per the theme. Would just need a secure way of getting you the infos and vice versa. info@piotrowskistudios.com I wonder if I toggled a permission I shouldn't have yesterday. Oh yeah, its acting wonky all right. The back end user tools pages look plain. No graphical interface. Just text and left justification. I really did a number on it trying to get the one permission on to use the editor. I wonder if I should just scrap it and reupload the theme. I'd rather not at this point, but I fear I've done more harm than good at this point.

#16 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:20 AM

You can re-upload the theme without losing database information such as pages, posts, images. Just make sure you backup the db then reimport the theme. Have you tried restoring everything back to defaults? Honestly, this might be the best option and I don't think it will take you much time to get back to the point you were at.

#17 chetjr

chetjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:15 PM

Not sure what I did combined with your suggestions, but within an hour or so, I had it back to normal with everything fixed. Note to self: if you're going to uncheck permissions, make sure you remember which ones you're unchecking.