• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mwnci

mwnci

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:52 AM

Hi there, I am wanting to change the template for the pages relating to my buddypress community. Is there a way of doing this within PlatformPro that doesn't involve changing lots of code? There are no separate pages that I can see created for /activity, /groups, /forums pages etc that I can access in Wordpress to change their format like I can with all my other website pages. Please help

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

Are you willing to work with some CSS? That is the best and easiest way to change the look.

#3 mwnci

mwnci

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:06 PM

Sure, happy to do that, just not confident enough to go in and change a lot of code without really knowing what I am doing. Can it be fairly straightforward?

#4 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:44 PM

Sure, give us an example of something you want to adjust (a link to the site will help) and we can give you some guidance.

#5 mwnci

mwnci

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:41 AM

Hi jimmy, Thanks for reply. Sorry for delay in responding. The website is www.contactdance.co.uk. I am creating a members area. Anyone can join. The pages I am wanting to change the format of are those accessible only by members e.g. contactdance.co.uk/members contactdance.co.uk/forums contactdance.co.uk/groups etc. Currently they seem to run on the default-page theme but have the main content which goes full page and pushes the sidebar below it. I want to have no sidebar on these pages and to include my secondary navigation menu at the top of the page (beneath the main website navigation) similar to the page contactdance.co.uk/members-area/ (once logged in). Any help would be really appreciate, many thanks.

#6 mwnci

mwnci

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:57 AM

Or alternatively (ideally) having a sidebar (that fixes and doesn't get moved down by the content) with the following sections: Logged in as (username and option to logout) Who's online: avatars or names Recent activity

#7 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:40 PM

What version of PlatformPro and BuddyPress are you using?

#8 mwnci

mwnci

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:18 PM

Wordpress 3.2 and PlatformPro 1.5.1

#9 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:01 PM

Here is the CSS that you can add to get the one-sidebar-right appearance that you are looking for ` #buddypress-page #content { padding-right: 30px; width: 710px; float: left; margin: 30px 0; } `

#10 hey_jude

hey_jude

• Members

• 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:36 AM

Thanks Adam. That is exactly what I needed to get my page straightened out.

#11 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:30 PM

Jethro, please refer to Adam's solution to see if it works out for you, too. :)